Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page properties reporting incorrect size when viewing an ASPX page

Page properties reporting incorrect size when viewing an ASPX page

John Hamm

It's more annoying than anything else.

If I browse to my ASPX page in IE (6.0.2800.1106), it loads fine. The
page is actually a report (about 41K in size).

Yet, if I select File, Properties, the size that IE reports is 7176
bytes. If I want to see how big of a download when I'm developing, I
have to view source, then save it to a file on the hard drive and look
at the size that way.

Does anyone experience this bug? It seems to happen only with ASPX
pages, not ASP or HTML. It doesn't make any sense, since to the
client, there is no difference between the three.