Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Javascript grey out

Javascript grey out

Karl

Im greyying out the screen and displaying a dialog box in front of
grey out, the code is right but IE isnt respecting the zindexes Ive
set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

rf

Karl wrote:
> Im greyying out the screen and displaying a dialog box in front of
> grey out, the code is right but IE isnt respecting the zindexes Ive
> set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
> higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
> that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

So you said in multiple newsgroups. Look into crossposting for your next
question. That way you don't start totally disparate conversations all over
the place.

Without being able to see what you have so far anything is guesswork but my
guess is that the dialogs parent must also have a higher z-index.

Harlan Messinger

Karl wrote:
> Im greyying out the screen and displaying a dialog box in front of
> grey out, the code is right but IE isnt respecting the zindexes Ive
> set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
> higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
> that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

Since we don't know what your code looks like, we probably can't where
the problem is. URL?