Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Are Yahoo and its message boards sites down?

Re: Are Yahoo and its message boards sites down?

Brian Smith

si
"hwf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ar Q <no spam> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<(E-Mail Removed)> :
>

>>"Ar Q" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>|
>>| "Ar Q" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>| news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>| 5
>>|
>>| It seems that many users can't access Microsoft windowsupdate
>>page
>>| since this morning. It may be related to so called Vundo virus.
>>| There are a few discussions on MSFT windowsupdate forum. But I
>>| still can't sort it out yet.
>>|

>>Everything returns to normal this morning. It seems that I
>>panicked for nothing for 24 hours.
>>
>>Thanks for all the helps I got there.
>>
>>Ar Q
>>

> THats Earthlink for you. If you call and ask them wtf went wrong they will
> put
> you on hold then pretend to "check the network" and after ten minutes of
> being
> on hold tell you the problem was entirely on *your* end. Even if you didnt
> change *one* setting during the outage.
> They have an internal newsgroups you might want to subscribe to...
>
> FYI
> HTH
> HAND
>
> --
> http://eyeonpalin.org/
> ___ ___ ___ ___
> /\__\ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \
> /:/ _/_ \:\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \
> /:/ /\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \
> /:/ /::\ \ _____\:\ \ ___ \:\ \ ___ /::\ \
> /:/_/:/\:\__\ /::::::::\__\ /\ \ \:\__\ /\ /:/\:\__\
> \:\/:/ /:/ / \:\~~\~~\/__/ \:\ \ /:/ / \:\/:/ \/__/
> \::/ /:/ / \:\ \ \:\ /:/ / \::/__/
> \/_/:/ / \:\ \ \:\/:/ / \:\ \
> /:/ / \:\__\ \::/ / \:\__\

Mike Easter

Brian Smith wrote:
> si

Now _there's_ a (useless) remark with no context, in spite of posting a 67
line message.

Maybe Brian thinks someone is supposed to disassemble and reassemble the
preceding messages into a conversation for him so that 'si' will make some
sense.

--
Mike Easter

hwf

In message <gn7hhn$u6n$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Mike Easter" wrote:
> Brian Smith wrote:
> > si

> Now _there's_ a (useless) remark with no context, in spite of posting a 67
> line message.

Nope

> Maybe Brian thinks someone is supposed to disassemble and reassemble the
> preceding messages into a conversation for him so that 'si' will make some
> sense.

It was his way of walking my informed opinion around a few kilfiles.
There is an "earthlink sucks" website for a reason you know.
FYI
HTH
HAND

-James Madison

Mike Easter

snuhwolf wrote:
> "Mike Easter" wrote:
>> Brian Smith wrote:
>>> si

>> Now _there's_ a (useless) remark with no context, in spite of posting
>> a 67 line message.
>>

> Nope

Yep. Useless.

>> Maybe Brian thinks someone is supposed to disassemble and reassemble
>> the preceding messages into a conversation for him so that 'si' will
>> make some sense.
>>

> It was his way of walking my informed opinion around a few kilfiles.

Whatever you think 'walking' and 'killfiles' and 'around' might mean (to
you) in this/our current discussion.

My point is that it/ his contextless 'si'/ isn't a 'way' at all. Nor a
'walking around'.

A way of his commenting on your opinion might have looked something like
this:

--
Mike Easter