Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Enable/disable Javascript under IE 6

Enable/disable Javascript under IE 6

Bluuuue Rajah

Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
> Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that
aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
try?

Ian Jackson

In message <Xns9BB196D054B4Ffdgdfjhsrtg@207.115.17.102>, Bluuuue Rajah
<Bluuuuue@Rajah.?.invalid> writes

>Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
>the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
>> Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

>Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that
>aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
>try?

Presumably this is a continuation of your posting 'Some Youtube videos
won't play' at 13 Feb 2009 16:49:30 GMT?
--
Ian

why?

x-post trimmed from
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hour support.helpdesk
to 24hoursupport.helpdesk

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:54:51 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah wrote:

Your question isn't about the XP Help and Support Center, i.e. Start /
Help and Support, the group you asked in.

List of xp groups
<http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet%3Dmicrosoft.public.windowsxp%2C&>

List of IE groups
<http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet%3Dmicrosoft.public.internetexplorer %2C&>

>Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
>the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
>> Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

>Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that

Such as what application, what web page URL?

What error / status message.

>aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
>try?

You are sure it's an XP/IE6 issue?

Do you have antivirus / popup blocker / firewall that's blocking
JavaScript or the popups, iframes or other active content the script is
trying to run.

Me