Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RDP over Wireless SP2

RDP over Wireless SP2

Paul King

Hi,

Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
client is running XP pro with SP2

Regards
Paul.

Sooner Al [MVP]

Sure...See this page for help...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...eshooting.html

Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Paul King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP pro
> with SP2
>
> Regards
> Paul.

Sooner Al [MVP]

Correction....

That should read..."Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC your trying to connect to with
Remote Desktop is running XP Pro"...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Sooner Al [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure...See this page for help...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...eshooting.html
>
> Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Paul King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP
>> pro with SP2
>>
>> Regards
>> Paul.

Paul King

Thanks.

Wired thing is that the Laptop (running XP pro) cannot RDP to my Win2003
server held on a remote connection (WAN).

If I connect the machine via the Ethernet adapter, it works fine.

Would wireless have anything to do with the connection itself? My Router is
802.11g enabled

Cheers
Paul.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure...See this page for help...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...eshooting.html
>
> Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Paul King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
>> client is running XP pro with SP2
>>
>> Regards
>> Paul.

Sooner Al [MVP]

Interesting... No, wireless should have nothing to do with whether or not you can or can not
connect.

Can you connect with the same laptop client via wireless to another PC running XP Remote Desktop?

When it fails are you only using the wireless interface, ie. meaning the wired interface is not
connected to your local LAN and you also have the wireless interface connected to your local LAN?

RDP over IPSec fails rsscp1 Hardware 0 03-16-2008 08:00 PM
RDP over VPN KDawg44 Cisco 2 02-07-2008 06:20 PM
SP2 installed - now unable to RDp nbailey Windows 64bit 5 01-17-2008 05:42 AM
SP2 - Unable to RDP nbailey Windows 64bit 1 01-15-2008 10:19 PM

Advertisments