Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how to distribute python extensions independently of python

how to distribute python extensions independently of python

Travis

So,

Recently I made a fix to the zlib module that I need for use at work.

I would like other employees to be able to use it without recompiling python.

I assume I can just rename it and distribute it as a python extension.

I was wondering how I can provide a way for other employees to build it.

I saw a "Universal Unix Makefile for Python extensions" that looks promising.

Is this the accepted way to compile python extensions still?
--
Crypto ergo sum. http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Do unto other faiths as you would have them do unto yours.