Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Msi Dka790gx

Msi Dka790gx

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

IXBT Labs have a new review of the MSI DKA790GX motherboard, designed for practical users who choose a motherboard for an all-purpose home computer:

Quote:
The board has an unusual cooling system. MSI stresses that the shape of the NB heatsink is not only decorative, but also very effective. It's hard to say whether it's true. But those round caps (marked MSI) on both heatsinks apparently do not contribute to better cooling. We can only hope that coolers will make the air flow horizontally and drive it through these heatsinks. However, this chipset can survive decorative cooling systems. Besides, plates of the main heatsink stand proud from the MSI cap. On the whole, we have no gripes with this cooling system, it keeps the temperature within average limits even with the overclocked GPU.
Read the review here.