Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Multiple projects vs single project

Multiple projects vs single project

David L?pez

Hi,

I'm designing a new website and I'm starting to think about code
organization. Until now I've worked in projects that had one solution
and one project for the whole website. The question is żis there any
advantage using multiple projects inside the solution?

Thanks a lot!!

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

well first thing that comes to my mind is that separate (class library)
project in a solution is more easily reusable in some other application (if
similar functionality is needed and -of course - the class library is
designed reusability in mind). Another thing is that you can - if you want -
develop the class library separately as a single project - even after actual
application has finished, so it provides also some sort of separation and
also better chances for say multiple developers to work with the app. Simple
thing is also that depending your app, it just might make the structure of
the application more clearer (say you create separe projects for actual
application, business logic and data).

--
Teemu Keiski

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...