Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SmartNavigation doesn't work on first postback (but on all subsequent postbacks)

SmartNavigation doesn't work on first postback (but on all subsequent postbacks)

Ryan Breakspear

Hi All,

I have a website with SmartNavigation set in the Web.Config (I have read
quite a lot on the merits/pitfalls of SmartNavigation). Many of the website
pages have Datagrids with selectable rows. The first time a user selects a
row, the page scrolls to the top, but from then on Smart Navigation seems to
work fine, and the page doesn't scroll back to the top.

The situation also occurs on pages which don't have Datagrids, but Smart
Navigation is used by some of our custom components.

Please let me know if you require any more information, thanks in advance.

Ryan