Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SmtpMail

SmtpMail

Jim Heavey

Hello, I am looking through and example here about how to send mail out of
an ASP.Net application (SmtpMail.Send(FromEmailAddr, ToEmailAddr, Subject,
EmailBody). When I enter the command, it fails with a "SendUsing"
configuration is invalid.

I am operating from a Windows XP machine - a standalone P/C. Must I have a
mail server configured on my local workstation for this to work? I set the
SmtpMail.SmtpServer to the address that I use in Outlook for my mail, but
not luck.

Thanks inadvance for your assistance!!

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

see these threads at ASP.NEt Forums. They answer your question:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.a...&PostID=268037
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.a...1&PostID=25229

--
Teemu Keiski