Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Cannot get python to read a CAP file link in an ATOM feed

Cannot get python to read a CAP file link in an ATOM feed

Brian Kaplan

Hi List,
I'm trying to get python to parse a CAP file in an ATOM feed from the
National Weather Service. Here's one states ATOM feed.
http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/ky.php?x=0. If you view the source
of this file, there is a reference to another web feed. For instance,
href="http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/wwacapget.php?x=KY20090210210200ILNNPWILNHighWindW arning20090212100000KY"
(note, this latter file changes hourly). I can retrieve and parse the
first file but cannot get the second file read or parsed as an xml. I
am able to read it into memory using urlopen. Can python read and
parse as an xml or do I need to read it into memory. If it is in
memory, is there a similar parsing function. Thanks Brian Kaplan