Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can I control the sequence events are executed?

Can I control the sequence events are executed?

AAaron123

As I understand it, if I do not include AutoPostBack the events for say,
textBox1.TextChanged and textBox2.TextChanged will not occur until something
forces a post back. Like a button clicked.

Suppose it's important to me, that when the button is clicked, if the events
are to run, that textBox1.TextChanged runs before textBox2.TextChanged .

Or textBox1.TextChanged runs before button1.Click.

Can I control such things?

Thanks

bruce barker

no you can not predict or control the order. if they are interdependant,
then do the code in prerender, and set flags.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

AAaron123 wrote:
> As I understand it, if I do not include AutoPostBack the events for say,
> textBox1.TextChanged and textBox2.TextChanged will not occur until something
> forces a post back. Like a button clicked.
>
> Suppose it's important to me, that when the button is clicked, if the events
> are to run, that textBox1.TextChanged runs before textBox2.TextChanged .
>
> Or textBox1.TextChanged runs before button1.Click.
>

> Can I control such things?
>

> Thanks

AAaron123

OK.