Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > asp.net

asp.net

asdf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article
> <4993a1a3$0$23900$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?
>>

> Yes. What was the smiley icon doing at the end of your cutting remark
> for?
>
> --
> dorayme

'twas merely to indicate a friendly jibe!

dorayme

In article
<4993baa4$0$23953$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article
> > <4993a1a3$0$23900$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?
> >>

> > Yes. What was the smiley icon doing at the end of your cutting remark
> > for?
> >

> 'twas merely to indicate a friendly jibe!

.... but maybe I wanted a full blown row with *really* filthy language
and the whole works. That is the trouble around here. Everyone is too
friendly and civilized... <g>

--
dorayme

Travis Newbury

On Feb 11, 8:53*pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> this is not *because* I am biased against Travis.

I think you are flirting with me

DLU

Harlan Messinger wrote:
> DLU wrote:
>> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?
>>

> As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
> PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

Just got confirmation the 3.5 has been installed on the server.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Harlan Messinger

DLU wrote:
> Harlan Messinger wrote:
>> DLU wrote:
>>> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?
>>>

>> As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
>> PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

> Just got confirmation the 3.5 has been installed on the server.

OK. You still haven't said over what it is you want to know if it has
any advantages.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Travis Newbury <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 8:53*pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > this is not *because* I am biased against Travis.

> I think you are flirting with me

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/music/embeddingDorisDay.html>

Doris

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Harlan Messinger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> DLU wrote:
> > Harlan Messinger wrote:
> >>>
> >> As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
> >> PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

> > Just got confirmation the 3.5 has been installed on the server.
> >

> OK. You still haven't said over what it is you want to know if it has
> any advantages.

DLU, Don't! Once you blow this mystery, a valuable thing has been lost
from the world. It will all seem dull and rational and ordinary again.

--
dorayme

DLU

DLU wrote:
> Harlan Messinger wrote:
>> DLU wrote:
>>> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?
>>>

>> As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
>> PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

> Just got confirmation the 3.5 has been installed on the server.

Right now I am using Expression Web to create new pages, then using the
CSS that people on this NG helped me refine.

What can I do with asp.net, that I can not do with Expression Web. I do
have the asp.net controls in the toolbox.

So do I change my index file to .net from .asp?
What advantages do I get using .net?

Website at:
http://home.surewest.net/bikesac/bikesac/

Another thing I do not seem to be able to find, is how to set up email
so that the addresses are hidden on the server, and you fill out a form
to send it to the address.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

Raymond Schmit

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:59:15 -0800, DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Another thing I do not seem to be able to find, is how to set up email
>so that the addresses are hidden on the server, and you fill out a form
>to send it to the address.

You can use .php coding with the email adress in the php coding on the
webserver, but not visible outside(on the network). There is no need
to hidden on the server ... the adress must not been seen on the
webpage created by the pho coding.

DLU

dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Harlan Messinger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> DLU wrote:

>>> Just got confirmation the 3.5 has been installed on the server.
>>>

>> OK. You still haven't said over what it is you want to know if it has
>> any advantages.

> DLU, Don't! Once you blow this mystery, a valuable thing has been lost
> from the world. It will all seem dull and rational and ordinary again.

I was trying to see what users think of it. Who uses it and for what
reason. I see why people use Dream Weaver, it makes it much easier to
just pick out a page and put something in it.
As shown here though a good operator can do just as much with HTML.
However, there are other skills needed such as PHP and javascript
programming.

As I said, I use Expression Web which gives me some basic page forms
that I can modify, and I like the FTP that comes with it. It allows me
to catalog the pages and the link forms, and to link to folders that I
place in a common master folder.

As you know I have a ways to go in being able to create new sites, but
now that the site I have has been cleaned up and is running well, I can
work with it to see what happens when I make changes, and I now have a
site that I can understand. Getting rid of inline styles was the
biggest help.
--