Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > asp.net

asp.net

asdf

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Feb 11, 11:53 am, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit)
wrote:
> >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
> >parts...

> Did frogs have humor ?

Only if they **** in the woods...

hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

dorayme

In article
<49935baa$0$23955$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 11, 11:53 am, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit)
> wrote:
> > >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
> > >parts...

> > Did frogs have humor ?

> Only if they **** in the woods...
>
> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't get
it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in a
police car.

--
dorayme

rf

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <49935baa$0$23955$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Did frogs have humor ?

>> Only if they **** in the woods...
>>
>> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

> Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
> get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
> situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
> you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
> a police car.

Matters of certainty.

Is the Pope catholic?
Are the Kennedys gun shy?
Do bears **** in the woods?

asdf

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NWKkl.19693$(E-Mail Removed)...
> dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>> <49935baa$0$23955$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Only if they **** in the woods...
>>>
>>> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

>> Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
>> get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
>> situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
>> you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
>> a police car.

> Matters of certainty.
>
> Is the Pope catholic?
> Are the Kennedys gun shy?
> Do bears **** in the woods?

....or how about the extreme opposite... the non-joke... (Warning: u may need
drugs or an eastern religion to understand this one ):

Q. What's the difference between a football?
A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

In the right context, this can be very, very funny. The lesson here is
context... ).

Appropriate context is: at the end of a long, long dinner party... ties are
off, shirts are off, the bottles are empty, and religion and politics have
already been discussed... just before the 'I love you man' / morose / 'how
about I call you a taxi', stage...

dorayme

In article <NWKkl.19693$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:

> >> "Travis Newbury" wrote
> >>
> >> Only if they **** in the woods...
> >>
> >> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

> > Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
> > get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
> > situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
> > you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
> > a police car.

> Matters of certainty.
>
> Is the Pope catholic?

Righto, but I still don't quite see why it is a funny response *to
whether frogs have humour*. I see how it is a 'funny' way of giving the
answer in the affirmative. But yes or no as the answer with a similar
"matter of certainty" logic to it could be possible. I just think there
should be something more essentially funny about the affirmativeness of
the answer. I honestly cannot see how it can be 10/10 funny. 3/10 is
tops and trust me, this is not *because* I am biased against Travis.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article
<49937d4c$0$23895$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Q. What's the difference between a football?
> A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
take to change a light globe? Fish!

--
dorayme

asdf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article
> <49937d4c$0$23895$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Q. What's the difference between a football?
>> A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

> Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
> rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
> take to change a light globe? Fish!
>
> --
> dorayme

See? now they're funny

dorayme

In article
<499385b8$0$23905$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article
> > <49937d4c$0$23895$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Q. What's the difference between a football?
> >> A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

> > Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
> > rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
> > take to change a light globe? Fish!
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> See? now they're funny

Have never denied the general drollness of the type you mention.

--
dorayme

asdf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article
> <499385b8$0$23905$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > In article
>> > <49937d4c$0$23895$(E-Mail Removed)>,

>> > Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
>> > rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
>> > take to change a light globe? Fish!
>> >
>> > --
>> > dorayme

>> See? now they're funny

> Have never denied the general drollness of the type you mention.
>
> --
> dorayme

Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?

dorayme

In article
<4993a1a3$0$23900$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?

Yes. What was the smiley icon doing at the end of your cutting remark
for?

--
dorayme