Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Locate and updatedb commands question

Locate and updatedb commands question

Lodi

Hi all...Using Ubuntu 8.10

Have also posted this question to ubuntuforums but no answers yet and it's
been nearly forty five minutes. That's pretty slack support so I'm thinking
of asking for my money back

I have a two-partition external hard drive which mounts as /media/sdb1
and /media/sdb2

This from /etc/mtab......

/dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1 ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/sdb2 /media/sdb2 ext2 rw 0 0

At the moment the locate command only searches through the partitions
on /dev/sda.

How can I get the updatedb command and the locate command to
include /dev/sdb in their search path.

Regards
Lodi

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gmqfc3$608$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lodi wrote:

> This from /etc/mtab......
>
> /dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1 ext2 rw 0 0
> /dev/sdb2 /media/sdb2 ext2 rw 0 0
>

> At the moment the locate command only searches through the partitions
> on /dev/sda.

What does your /etc/updatedb.conf look like?