Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Security against fire..

Re: Security against fire..

John D

"Tim Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guy Macon wrote:
>> Tim Jackson wrote:

>>> You want some water in there to pump out incoming heat.

>> That's pretty good! I don't think 100 degrees C will hurt an SD card
>> at all.
>>

> I can't find the thermal spec. for SD cards, but for example the flash
> memory devices I use for my industrial controllers are rated for
> storage temperature up to 125C, so should be protectable this way. I
> don't see why SD cards should be any lower, most other semiconductors
> are good to 150C at least.
>
> Tim

Interestingly, on BBC news this morning was the story of a guy who had
lost his home and all possessions in one of the dreadful fires in
Victoria, Australia. Only recently he had bought a fireproof safe in
which he had stored irreplaceable family photographs gathered over his
lifetime.

He has recovered the safe, but everything within it had been destroyed.
--
Dave