Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: AGV Free Antivirus

Re: AGV Free Antivirus

root

Im not going to expound on astronomy, comcast,lesbians or any other
verbose stupid ****.

Simply sticking to the topic... rather than troubleshooting a program i am
unfamiliar with nor the creator of.

I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com
They have a free version for windBlows, the fruit people, and unix/linux

--
--Real Men use Linux!
--chown

Top

root presented the following explanation :
> Im not going to expound on astronomy, comcast,lesbians or any other
> verbose stupid ****.
>
> Simply sticking to the topic... rather than troubleshooting a program
> i am unfamiliar with nor the creator of.
>
> I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com
> They have a free version for windBlows, the fruit people, and
> unix/linux

Why would you need one for unix/linux?

Top

--
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Top wrote:

> root presented the following explanation :
>> I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com
>> They have a free version for windBlows, the fruit people, and
>> unix/linux

> Why would you need one for unix/linux?

So you can check attachments to email that you forward to Windows users.
Why else?

--
-bts

Top

Beauregard T. Shagnasty laid this down on his screen :
> Top wrote:
>
>> root presented the following explanation :
>>> I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com
>>> They have a free version for windBlows, the fruit people, and
>>> unix/linux

>> Why would you need one for unix/linux?

> So you can check attachments to email that you forward to Windows
> users. Why else?

<chuckle>

--
Working on Windows 7 beta (and a hope and a prayer)

root

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:21:48 -0500, Top wrote:

> root presented the following explanation :
>> Im not going to expound on astronomy, comcast,lesbians or any other
>> verbose stupid ****.
>>
>> Simply sticking to the topic... rather than troubleshooting a program i
>> am unfamiliar with nor the creator of.
>>
>> I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com They have a free version for
>> windBlows, the fruit people, and unix/linux

> Why would you need one for unix/linux?
>
> Top

Hey Top,
A good question..if one were to use wine..The "windows emulator".. and
launched an infected file from within the emulated directories.. the
virus could damage those directories, and even send itself out via a
windows platform email client.. to propagate itself onto other windows or
mac users,.. possibly destroying the whole wine configuration, and maybe
even rupture a few ext3 disk sectors.
The other reasons would be most people use linux boxes as file
servers,ftp,web, etc... this means people can download infected files from
these machines.
In a nutshell one could be almost deliberately infecting other users if he
let the contents of his servers go unchecked.
By default a Unix system wont be affected by a windows virus at large.
There is no need to worry about viruses or a anti virus programs if all
you are going to do is download porn, and beat off to dirty pics of angela
devi or whatever on your Linux box, and keep it to yourself and dont
share.
"yes im not afraid to admit that im guilty of that",.. but just on
holidays and stuff.

Happy day

--
--Real Men use Linux!
--chown

Top

It happens that root formulated :
> On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:21:48 -0500, Top wrote:
>
>> root presented the following explanation :
>>> Im not going to expound on astronomy, comcast,lesbians or any other
>>> verbose stupid ****.
>>>
>>> Simply sticking to the topic... rather than troubleshooting a
>>> program i am unfamiliar with nor the creator of.
>>>
>>> I would suggest "avast" www.avast.com They have a free version for
>>> windBlows, the fruit people, and unix/linux

>> Why would you need one for unix/linux?
>>
>> Top

> Hey Top,
> A good question..if one were to use wine..The "windows emulator"..
> and launched an infected file from within the emulated directories..
> the virus could damage those directories, and even send itself out
> via a windows platform email client.. to propagate itself onto other
> windows or mac users,.. possibly destroying the whole wine
> configuration, and maybe even rupture a few ext3 disk sectors.
> The other reasons would be most people use linux boxes as file
> servers,ftp,web, etc... this means people can download infected files
> from these machines.
> In a nutshell one could be almost deliberately infecting other users
> if he let the contents of his servers go unchecked.
> By default a Unix system wont be affected by a windows virus at
> large. There is no need to worry about viruses or a anti virus
> programs if all you are going to do is download porn, and beat off
> to dirty pics of angela devi or whatever on your Linux box, and
> keep it to yourself and dont share.
> "yes im not afraid to admit that im guilty of that",.. but just on
> holidays and stuff.
>

> Happy day

chuckle ...

Well since this is a windows box I do run AVG 8.?. If I was running
linux on this one I probably wouldn't run anything though. I don't do
much that could cause harm to linux. Not often anyway.

Top

--
Many a married man who misses the last train home catches it.