Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: I've gone and broke my 837 sdm and web interface (uk dsl)

Re: I've gone and broke my 837 sdm and web interface (uk dsl)

Thrill5

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've had the web interface and sdm running fine on my 837 but I tried to
> install a newer version of the sdm and since then I can't use either. The
> sdm install states that there's not enough memory to install the express
> version on to the router. The web interface just hangs for ages. However
> there is a logon prompt for the router .
>
> Does anyone know if there any way that I can get this working again
> without doing a factory reset? I do have http running on port 8080 and
> https enable too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

You need to free up space on the flash and then reinstall SDM manually on
the router. Telnet or console to the router and delete all the ".tar" files
and all the files in the /html directory. Don't delete the IOS image or the
configuration file. You will need to have at least twice the size of the SDM
tar file plus 20% free. TFTP the new version of SDM to the router (will
be a ".tar" file) and then use the "archive" command to expand the tar file.
Cisco has lots of documentation that can provide you with further details.

A "factory reset" will not fix this problem..

Thrill5

news:(E-Mail Removed) et...

> "Thrill5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gmn90m$p1v$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> You need to free up space on the flash and then reinstall SDM manually on
>> the router. Telnet or console to the router and delete all the ".tar"
>> files and all the files in the /html directory. Don't delete the IOS
>> image or the configuration file. You will need to have at least twice the
>> size of the SDM tar file plus 20% free. TFTP the new version of SDM to
>> the router (will be a ".tar" file) and then use the "archive" command to
>> expand the tar file. Cisco has lots of documentation that can provide you
>> with further details.
>>
>> A "factory reset" will not fix this problem..

> Thanks for your help. I've done as said and I'm left with this below. Do
> I need to delete all the files in the webflash directory too? I've got
> some advice from some web sites etc but I'm requesting a 2nd opinion from
> a real human being if you don't mind?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave
>

> gateway#dir all
> Directory of system:/
>
> 2 dr-x 0 <no date> memory
> 1 -rw- 2940 <no date> running-config
> 9 dr-x 0 <no date> vfiles
>
> No space information available
> Directory of nvram:/
>
> 120 -rw- 2940 <no date> startup-config
> 121 ---- 4059 <no date> private-config
>
> 131072 bytes total (124021 bytes free)
> Directory of flash:/
>
> 1 -rw- 6307656 <no date>
> c837-k9o3y6-mz.123-4.T7.bin
> 2 -rw- 16264 <no date> sdm.shtml.hide
> 3 -rw- 1462 <no date> home.html.hide
> 9 -rw- 1723 <no date> sdmconfig-83x.cfg
>
> 12320768 bytes total (4018812 bytes free)
> Directory of webflash:/
>
> 1 -rw- 792 <no date> ConfigExp.cfg
> 2 -rw- 474217 <no date> CRWSbHlp.html
> 3 -rw- 941455 <no date> CRWS_1.jar
> 4 -rw- 278042 <no date> CRWS_2.jar
> 5 -rw- 62561 <no date> CRWS_VPNLogin.jar
> 6 -rw- 47026 <no date> GUI.html
> 7 -rw- 4895 <no date> home.html
> 8 -rw- 252 <no date> IPCPSubnet.cfg
> 9 -rw- 8082 <no date> loading.gif
> 10 -rw- 3463 <no date> VPNLogin.html
>
> 1835008 bytes total (13568 bytes free)
> gateway#
> gateway#
> gateway#

The 800 series used to ship with CRWS, which is the predecessor to SDM.
Since you are now using SDM, you don't need those files anymore. Check out
this document which should help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080404969.html

SDM and SDM Express. AM Cisco 2 02-22-2008 04:52 AM
Difference between SDM and SDM Express Sammy Cisco 2 07-18-2007 01:38 PM
VPN between Cisco 837 and cisco 837 with IP static and ip dinamic lyvicro@hotmail.com Cisco 4 12-15-2005 09:10 PM
Cisco 837 QOS with SDM adriandaz Cisco 0 03-21-2005 08:05 AM
Cisco 837 + SDM 2.0a adriandaz Cisco 3 02-22-2005 08:16 AM

Advertisments