Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Important: Dissertation Questionnaire

Important: Dissertation Questionnaire

overbars10

Hi,

My name is Cory Alleyne. I am currently a final year student
atBrunelUniversity studying a BSc Information Systems undergraduate
degree. Iam currently doing a study on Open Source Networks where
behaviouramong developers and users are concerned. This research
project looksinto what motivates users or developers to get involved
in the OpenSource community and how easy it is to advance within that
community.I have designed an online questionnaire that I would like
foryou tofill out. This questionnaire asks a series of questions
pertaining tothe field. The results of this, which would be posted for
you toexamine, would be used as a guide for persons that are thinking
ofgetting involved in an open Source community as a developer or
auser.It would also make them aware of what they should expect
whenjoining,and what they will most likely get out of it.Taking part
in this online questionnaire is not compulsory.You aremore than free
to withdraw from participating at any time, but itwillbe much
appreciated if you can take a few minutes to answer thequestions
posted. Your personal details will be kept anonymous andnothing will
be traced back to you. I do hope to hear from you in thefuture.

Both links should be completed simultaneously.Thank you very much for
your co-operation.

Part 1: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...3Fl9d1xg_3d_3d

Part 2: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...9wSFBm4g_3d_3d

Kind regards,
Cory Alleyne (Mr)

Southern Kiwi

overbars10 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Cory Alleyne. I am currently a final year student
> atBrunelUniversity studying a BSc Information Systems undergraduate
> degree.
> **snip**
> Kind regards,
> Cory Alleyne (Mr)

Your subject heading is more than a little pretentious, this could
hardly be considered "important" to anyone with a functioning rectum.

"overbars10" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> My name is Cory Alleyne. I am currently a final year student
> atBrunelUniversity studying a BSc Information Systems undergraduate
> degree. Iam currently doing a study on Open Source Networks where
> behaviouramong developers and users are concerned. This research
> project looksinto what motivates users or developers to get involved
> in the OpenSource community and how easy it is to advance within that
> community.I have designed an online questionnaire that I would like
> foryou tofill out. This questionnaire asks a series of questions
> pertaining tothe field. The results of this, which would be posted for
> you toexamine, would be used as a guide for persons that are thinking
> ofgetting involved in an open Source community as a developer or
> auser.It would also make them aware of what they should expect
> whenjoining,and what they will most likely get out of it.Taking part
> in this online questionnaire is not compulsory.You aremore than free
> to withdraw from participating at any time, but itwillbe much
> appreciated if you can take a few minutes to answer thequestions
> posted. Your personal details will be kept anonymous andnothing will
> be traced back to you. I do hope to hear from you in thefuture.
>
> Both links should be completed simultaneously.Thank you very much for
> your co-operation.
>
> Part 1: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...3Fl9d1xg_3d_3d
>
> Part 2: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...9wSFBm4g_3d_3d
>
> Kind regards,
> Cory Alleyne (Mr)

Sounds dodgy to me. Never heard of a dissertaion requirement for an
undergraduate degree before.

J&H.

"Je|<ݬ & e" <jekyll&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "overbars10" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> My name is Cory Alleyne. I am currently a final year student
>> atBrunelUniversity studying a BSc Information Systems undergraduate
>> degree. Iam currently doing a study on Open Source Networks where
>> behaviouramong developers and users are concerned. This research
>> project looksinto what motivates users or developers to get involved
>> in the OpenSource community and how easy it is to advance within that
>> community.I have designed an online questionnaire that I would like
>> foryou tofill out. This questionnaire asks a series of questions
>> pertaining tothe field. The results of this, which would be posted for
>> you toexamine, would be used as a guide for persons that are thinking
>> ofgetting involved in an open Source community as a developer or
>> auser.It would also make them aware of what they should expect
>> whenjoining,and what they will most likely get out of it.Taking part
>> in this online questionnaire is not compulsory.You aremore than free
>> to withdraw from participating at any time, but itwillbe much
>> appreciated if you can take a few minutes to answer thequestions
>> posted. Your personal details will be kept anonymous andnothing will
>> be traced back to you. I do hope to hear from you in thefuture.
>>
>> Both links should be completed simultaneously.Thank you very much for
>> your co-operation.
>>
>> Part 1:
>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...3Fl9d1xg_3d_3d
>>
>> Part 2:
>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...9wSFBm4g_3d_3d
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Cory Alleyne (Mr)

> Sounds dodgy to me. Never heard of a dissertaion requirement for an
> undergraduate degree before.
>
> J&H.

In fact, Brunel Uni itself defines a dissertation as "a detailed piece of
work undertaken by a candidate for a taught postgraduate programme. The
submission may take the form of a wholly written dissertation, or one which
comprises original, creative work supported by adequate documentation
indicating its originality and contribution to knowledge within the
discipline. All submissions involving creative work should include a means
of storage, access and retrieval of work."

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/admini...eregs/foreward

Note "postgraduate programme", not undergraduate (i.e. BSc).

J&H.