Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Harddrive

Harddrive

jsema

I have a 500gb Seagate hdd & it has 2 equal partitions on it .They are both
logical.I need to know if a OS will install on first logical drive or will
that drive have to be converted to a primary & if so please give me a step
by step for doung so

philo

"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aqDjl.29502$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> jsema wrote:
>> I have a 500gb Seagate hdd & it has 2 equal partitions on it .They
>> are both logical.I need to know if a OS will install on first
>> logical drive or will that drive have to be converted to a primary &
>> if so please give me a step by step for doung so

> So you have another drive, primary, that has an OS on it? In that case,
> yes, you can put XP or a member of that OS family (not Win9x) on a logical
> partition (either of the two) and wind up with a dual boot computer.
>
> If that isn't the case, change the drive using whatever you used to
> partition it initially. Disk management in XP can be used...first delete
> the partitions then recreate making one primary.
>
> It would help if you said what OS you are using, what OS you want to
> add(?) and what it is you want to wind up with.

Good point.
My previous posting did not take into account...that possibility