Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photoshop CS & RAW files from a Sony A300 dslr ARW file

Photoshop CS & RAW files from a Sony A300 dslr ARW file

boothmarcus@hotmail.com

Hi

I know CS2 does not accept RAW files, but there is a download that
you
can get. Adobe do not appear to have a plugin foe CS2. CS3 onwards
yes.

Running Vista sp1. Sony only has a raw plugin for Windows

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Marcus Booth

nospam

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
<"(E-Mail Removed)"> wrote:

> I know CS2 does not accept RAW files,

it most certainly does.

> but there is a download that
> you
> can get. Adobe do not appear to have a plugin foe CS2. CS3 onwards
> yes.

you need camera raw 4.4.1 or later. camera raw 4.x works with cs3 and
5.x works in cs4.

for photoshop cs2 and earlier, you can use adobe's dng converter to
convert the raw to dng and then edit the raw that way.

or you can use a variety of other software that supports the camera.

ray

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 07:18:41 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I know CS2 does not accept RAW files, but there is a download that you
> can get. Adobe do not appear to have a plugin foe CS2. CS3 onwards yes.
>

> Running Vista sp1. Sony only has a raw plugin for Windows
>

> Can anyone help
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Marcus Booth

You might try ufraw - it's usually quite up to date and allows basic
editing along with the conversion.

tconway

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I know CS2 does not accept RAW files, but there is a download that
> you
> can get. Adobe do not appear to have a plugin foe CS2. CS3 onwards
> yes.
>

> Running Vista sp1. Sony only has a raw plugin for Windows
>

> Can anyone help
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Marcus Booth

This website explains how to use the latest camera's RAW with older
photoshop versions by using the dng converter.
tim

http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/ps_cs.htm