Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Can you connect a sky aerial and a uhf aerial together to the same wall socket?

Can you connect a sky aerial and a uhf aerial together to the same wall socket?

Martin

Hi,

I only have a sky dish on the roof and want to put a UHF/VHF aerial up but
the cabling is built into the walls and goes to 7 wall sockets around the
house from a junction box in the roof - can I join the UHF/VHF cable to
where the sky aerial cable goes into the junction box or will both signal
types interfere with each other??

cheers for any comments or advice (-:

Martin

Richard

Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I only have a sky dish on the roof and want to put a UHF/VHF aerial up but
> the cabling is built into the walls and goes to 7 wall sockets around the
> house from a junction box in the roof - can I join the UHF/VHF cable to
> where the sky aerial cable goes into the junction box or will both signal
> types interfere with each other??
>
> cheers for any comments or advice (-:
>
> Martin

Yes, its called a diplexer, you put one at the roof end, and one at each
TV to stop the satillite signal being messed up by being connected to a
RF input.

Clayworth on the north shore sell them, as antronic1 on trademe, so just
ask if there are none listes - you dont want a vhf/uhf diplexer - thats
not going to do you any good.

Also a VHF antenna is pretty much redundant since all the stuff you get
on it are on freeview, UHF is all you need to get freeview HD coming in.

Martin

news:gmmhtp$icv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Martin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I only have a sky dish on the roof and want to put a UHF/VHF aerial up
>> but
>> the cabling is built into the walls and goes to 7 wall sockets around the
>> house from a junction box in the roof - can I join the UHF/VHF cable to
>> where the sky aerial cable goes into the junction box or will both signal
>> types interfere with each other??
>>
>> cheers for any comments or advice (-:
>>
>> Martin

> Yes, its called a diplexer, you put one at the roof end, and one at each
> TV to stop the satillite signal being messed up by being connected to a RF
> input.
>
> Clayworth on the north shore sell them, as antronic1 on trademe, so just
> ask if there are none listes - you dont want a vhf/uhf diplexer - thats
> not going to do you any good.
>
> Also a VHF antenna is pretty much redundant since all the stuff you get on
> it are on freeview, UHF is all you need to get freeview HD coming in.

thanks - just the info I was after cheers martin