Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ms Home Server

Ms Home Server

Gordon

I happened to visit Microsofts web site, and there on the front page was an
invite to download a 120 day trial version of Home Server.

Having read good reviews about MS Home Server, along with reading it was
darn hard to get hold of, I took the bait.

Okay can I do this without giving some information about myself. Well
other places on this site one can not.

Okay, one can.

Now this is interestings as here is MS offering a programme which can go the
whole way, via money. It is kind of Shareware in away.

I have read good reviews about MS Home Server, along with reading it was
darn hard to get hold of.

The web site info about it was good. It warned that some technical ability
was required to install.

I have downloaded the iso, burn't to a CD, and commenced the install. The
wheels fell off. I was bout frustrated and amused at the catch 22, and other
"error" messages.

The please supply your key window appeared in large format. It was only
after reading all the small print that I knew it was possible to carry on.

In short people, installation is tricky at times. However point is that if
someone is trying to tempt me into parting with my money, MS has gotten off
to a very poor start.

After all when one "buys" a product one wants to take it home and for it to
work. Come on MS, you need to try harder to make your temptware, like a an
attractive sex worker, not like a bits and byte up. This way people will pay
for the experience.

For the record, this review is no reflection upon of the actual installed
product.