Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE 6 shutting down during Google search

IE 6 shutting down during Google search

Maurice

XP Professional with SP3 just installed

When carrying out some searches, IE6 shuts down for no apparent reason.

Similarly in Windows Explorer when trying to activate set up for a
downloaded file, the set up screen appears briefely and then disappears
(before I have time to activate it). This happens also when trying to
activate a program from disc.

Since Windows has just been installed, I suspect there is a setting
somewhere which needs 'tweaking', but I do not know where to look.

Please can anyone help?

Bobby Johnson

Why don't you go to one of the Windows XP groups or Internet
Explorer General? This particular group is for 64-bit
versions of Windows which is why it the title has
'windows.64bit' in it.

You have a 32-bit version of Windows XP.