Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio Web Server Error With New Project

Visual Studio Web Server Error With New Project

Don Miller

On a new install of Visual Studio, it worked most of the day, then I did
something (deleted a web folder??? or files) and now when I try to create a
new project (New Project->ASP.NET Web application I get an error "The Web
server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the
project at the URL http://localhost/WebApplication1 Internal Server Error
HTTP 1.1 500 Internal Server Error".

I deleted the folder WebApplication1 and apparently it doesn't recognize my
localhost server???? I tried using repairing VS 2003 it kranked for about a
half hour and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what would cause this error or how to fix it? It seems to
not find the web server (IIS 5.0 on Win2K).

Thanks.

Chris Jackson

This could be caused by a number of things. There is a discussion here that
presents several solutions:

http://www.mastercsharp.com/India/Fo...spx?PostID=700

--
Chris Jackson