Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Firefox and Facebook

Re: Firefox and Facebook

mrzac

mrzac wrote:
> Hi guys, very often Firefox 2.0.0.x freezes for some minutes and it
> happens always with the same sites like Facebook and some other, with
> the most part of the sites it doesn't happen. When it freezes it's
> like all the sites I want to visit aren't available (Firefox says
> it's awaiting response from the site) and I cannot browse the web
> with Firefox until the problem is solved. Ping via console work and
> also MS Internet Explorer. If I restart firefox the problem goes
> away.
>
> Is this a problem of my Firefox installation or it happens also to
> many other people (so the problem could be on the source code of
> those internet sites)?
>
> I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.17 under Windows XP Sp3 on a Asus A7V with
> AMD Thunderbird 800 mhz and 512MB RAM.

This problem happens also with other internet sites that take long to
render correctly.
I've found a possible solution to the problem: switching to "work
offline" and then restoring firefox to work online resumes the
trashed and then restored or recovered.

Firefox and Facebook mrzac Firefox 6 10-15-2008 08:52 PM
Writing/Developing Facebook Applications in .NET using Facebook.NETSDK Dutt ASP .Net 1 02-08-2008 03:38 PM
Cisco Systems - facebook group - spread word people and join, and let the web 2.0 community grow Fleckz328 Cisco 1 10-14-2007 02:48 PM
Facebook app give feedback -Send birthday cards to buds http://apps.facebook.com/groupcards/start fringo Python 0 10-08-2007 08:04 PM
Facebook app give feedback -Send birthday cards to buds http://apps.facebook.com/groupcards/start fringo Ruby 0 10-08-2007 08:03 PM

Advertisments