Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Abstract paintings of Will Dockery

Abstract paintings of Will Dockery

msifg

"George Dance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Feb 7, 11:16 am, "msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "George Dance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 7, 10:57 am, "msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "Dale Houstman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

> > > As we have seen with Mockery's "paintings" even those who profess to
> > > like
> > > Pollock's work malign it with their misunderstanding of it. Will
> > > appears
> > > to think the art is in the dribble.

> > > dmh

> > well, now-
> > what have we here?
> > houstman bringing it down to b's cat level
> > of altering the posters name.

> > (a tell tale sign that someone just got owned.)

> Nahh, "Savageduck" appears to be a real nym. I checked his profile;
> he's been posting under that nym for years.
>
> *yeah-
> well, i ducked that reply.
>
> check out the "mockery."

Got it. I missed that on the first read.

Maybe Dale wants a new name for himself. I'll work on that. So far the
best I have is "Pale Hammesimitation", but that's a bit lengthy. I'll
try some recursions.

> see, i've got some luck.

*hoseman works for me.

heh

msifg

"Will Dockery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cf862$498dd239$4b4c71e9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

> want to know.
>
> M***** followed Danny as he dashed outside, where he tried to make a call
> on
> his cell phone. She told him not to. According to her, she told him he'd
> just seen some artwork. According to Danny, she never said that; she just
> said they didn't need the police coming there.
>
> This did not sound reassuring. Danny had to make that call. Now don't call
> the police, M***** said again. She says she also told Danny her son Will
> had
> a bad temper, and he wouldn't like Danny calling the police.
>
> She says Danny replied that the police wouldn't do anything to her; she
> wasn't involved. That's true, she said (she wasn't involved in storing the
> art), but the police needn't be bothered.
>
> M***** claims Danny then offered her $13,000 for the house, then said it
> needed so much work the most he could give her was $10,000.
>
> Danny maintains all M***** did was tell him no one should call the police.
>
> The next day, someone called the police.
>
> About 10:30 a.m., police and paramedics rushed to the house, unboarded a
> door to get in and examined what they, too, thought was a decaying body,
> oddly odorless. Then they poked it and figured out it wasn't. It was such
> weird story, the Ledger-Enquirer ran it on the front page July 4.
>
> That's how M****** learned police had broken into the house. She was
> perturbed. She blamed Danny.
>
> Danny won't say he called police, but admits he told someone what he
> thought
> he saw. Stan Swiney of the 911 center says the call reportedly came from a
> Billy Hanson. (No Billy Hanson listed in the Columbus telephone directory
> was involved; I called.)
>
> The 911 report said someone saw the alleged corpse through a window.
> That's
> difficult: The room's dark; the window's dirty; the art's hard to see.
>
> The artist, Dan Barfield, says it's funny Danny W**** would be frightened,
> because the real estate agent stopped by a few months ago when Dan was
> moving art into the house, and this piece was out on the lawn at the time.
> The artist claims the agent told him a decayed body was found in the house
> once.
>
> Danny says that's outrageous: He has never met Dan Barfield. "I would
> remember that,'' he says.
>
> Danny says he just wanted to buy the house to help clean up the
> neighborhood, where he owns other property. ``As far as I'm concerned now,
> they couldn't give it to me,'' he says.
>
> Perhaps it will remain the house of scary art, where once people thought
> they saw a dead body.
>
> But didn't.
> ----
>
> Barfield took off to live in Texas a year or so ago and I haven't heard a
> word from him since... hope the old cuss is doing okay out there.
>
> --
> "Twilight Girl" and other song-poems by Will Dockery:

that's one hell of a story, Will.

thanks for sharing.

msifg

"Rob Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:498dd162$0$25434$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ebijl.992$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Dale Houstman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> As we have seen with Mockery's "paintings" even those who profess to
>>> like Pollock's work malign it with their misunderstanding of it. Will
>>> appears to think the art is in the dribble.
>>>
>>> dmh

>> well, now-
>> what have we here?
>> houstman bringing it down to b's cat level
>> of altering the posters name.
>>
>> (a tell tale sign that someone just got owned.)
>>

> Or a tell-tale sign that you can't follow a thread (even if you move your
> lips).
>
> Rob
>

> --
> Rob Evans
> -----------

neither can you.

i already called "muckery" as a "save."

i screwed up the word prima donna in the other
thread, dickweed.

you need to clear your nasal passages, old fart.

the snot is starting to leak out onto the
bloody page.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

"msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i%cjl.427$%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Will Dockery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> I grew up along the east coast between Savannah, Georgia and
>> Jacksonville,
>> Florida, when that coast was still wild and undeveloped. School was a
>> prison
>> for me, a thing to be endured only long enough to escape into the
>> birdsong
>> silence and deep shadows of the woods and river swamps, or the sun washed
>> marshes and sea islands of the coast.

Well, that PARTLY explains why he's so ****ing stupid. He dropped out of
school. I'm sure there's some natural talent of stupidity there, though. No
one can be as dumb, ignorant and closed-minded as Dockery without having
some natural abilities to do the same.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

"Will Dockery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:502d9$498de83e$4b4c71e9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Savageduck" wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>>> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which

> you prefer.

> watercolor

> welcome.
>>
>> Pollock is much maligned.
>> Most of those who ridicule his work have not experienced it, only
>> imagine that they are capable of similar work without his artistry and
>> intellect

> No, it isn't as easy as so many of those people would think, and certainly
> isn't just a matter of "splashing paint on a board", as folks like to
> assume.

Though Duckery tends to just **** on a post card and mail it to the
Smithsonian.

> (alcohol not withstanding) they never attain his result. He
>> was unique.

> He inspired quite a few greats that seem to be often overlooked, such as
> the
> previously mentioned Richard Dousette-Dart, who was actually a more direct
> influence on my paintings, having studied his works up close.
>
> http://www.artnet.com/artist/13705/r...ette-dart.html
>
> Pousette-Dart's work was here on exhibition for a few months back in 1991
> (1990 - 1992 Retrospektives in Indianapolis, Detroit, Columbus Georgia,
> Washington), and one of my favorite things to do at the time was to smoke
> good joint and wander among his paintings.
>
>> Here is Pollock #2 at the Munson Williams Procter Arts Institute Utica
>> NY, http://snipr.com/7or04-wiksca
>> MWP http://www.mwpai.org/museum/collecti...dcontemporary/

> Great stuff, yes... a shame so many people just don't "get it".
>
>> Regards,
>> Savageduck

> Thanks, and great name, btw... heh.
>
> --
> "Twilight Girl" and other song-poems by Will Dockery:
> http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

"Will Dockery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:721af$498db723$4b4c71e9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> *I've thrown away and given away many paintings that I think failed...

Which would be all of them.

> sometimes to my regret.

Is it psychologically possible for a narcissist to have regrets?

> When I moved out of a house back in 1989,

"moved out" = he came back to find the locks changed and all his **** on the
ground

>I left all
> the paintings I'd done up to that point there, because they just didn't
> "move" me anymore, or at least not enough to "move" them...

translation: The drugs wore off and he sobered up.

>damned heavy
> pieces... I feel this batch works better, so far...
>
>>I see

> too much of that in attempts to write poetry, on usenet and elsewyere,
>>and I don't like it here any better here than there.

> *You might like my comix better... maybe...
>
>>Occasionally a

> good piece does result; but that's always too dependent on accident or
>>mere coincidence for my liking.

> *Yes, I'm guilty of about 20 years of poetry that could be judged

as total **** and a waste of your entire life. Great job, Duckery. You're
going to die poor and pathetic. Your remains will be cremated and buried in
Potter's Field.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

"Will Dockery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cf862$498dd239$4b4c71e9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Barfield's art almost got me arrested a few years ago, a nosy peeping tom
> thought I had "dead bodies" stashed in the backroom:
>
> ----
> Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
> July 13, 1997
> Section: LOCAL
> Edition: FIRST
> Page: B1
>
> HOW GROSS THY ART
> Tim Chitwood
>
> Apparently it was all just a big misunderstanding.
>
> The misunderstanding led to a 911 call about a decomposing body in an old
> house M***** S*****'s husband R****** owns at 2113 **th St. in Columbus.
> That led to the discovery that it wasn't a body after all, but artwork
> made
> of barbed wire and blowtorched Barbie dolls. But it sure looked like a
> body
> to police. And it looked like a body to paramedics. And it definitely
> looked
> like a body to Danny W****.

What the ****? Duckery messing around with barbed wire and Barbie dolls?
This is a side of Duckery that, while not unexpected, is still creepy and
twisted.

> [...]
> once.
>
> Danny says that's outrageous: He has never met Dan Barfield. "I would
> remember that,'' he says.
>
> Danny says he just wanted to buy the house to help clean up the
> neighborhood, where he owns other property. ``As far as I'm concerned now,
> they couldn't give it to me,'' he says.
>
> Perhaps it will remain the house of scary art, where once people thought
> they saw a dead body.
>
> But didn't.
> ----
>
> Barfield took off to live in Texas a year or so ago and I haven't heard a
> word from him since... hope the old cuss is doing okay out there.
>
> --
> "Twilight Girl" and other song-poems by Will Dockery:
> http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Rob Evans

"msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jwqjl.516$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rob Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:498dd162$0$25434$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> "msifg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ebijl.992$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Dale Houstman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> well, now-
>>> what have we here?
>>> houstman bringing it down to b's cat level
>>> of altering the posters name.
>>>
>>> (a tell tale sign that someone just got owned.)
>>>

>> Or a tell-tale sign that you can't follow a thread (even if you move your
>> lips).
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> --
>> Rob Evans
>> -----------

> neither can you.
>
> i already called "muckery" as a "save."

As a "save"? Of course you did. AND you had your fingers crossed.

And things will be better when you get to big school.

> i screwed up the word prima donna in the other
> thread, dickweed.

I think screwing up words could be your particular forte. A promising
Duckling indeed.

Rob

--
Rob Evans

Will Dockery

On Feb 7, 6:08*pm, "Charles" wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons you prefer.

> > These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil, watercolor
> > and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:

> >http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F

> > Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most welcome.

> I especially like "Black and Blue Night."
>
> Thanks for sharing.

"Black and Blue Night":

http://www.fototime.com/{496A5179-1A5C-46AB-AE9A-B29043A793A4}/picture.JPG

Thanks for having a look, and commenting, Charles. I hope to get a
clearler, sharper shot of this one (and the others) online sometime
soon, as almost two-thirds of this fairly big one is obscured in the
shot. It was freezing, running late, and my friend just took a few
quick shots before we took off for a warm cafe. "BaBN" night was made
with all sorts of plastic toys held on a stick and melted onto the
board... melted plastic is a fairly dangerous medium to work with, to
say the least! If the lava-like heat doesn't get you (which it always
does at some point, human skin seems to have an almost magnetic effect
on it) then the fumes will.

Fascinating experiments, though.

--
"Twilight Girl" and other poetry & music from Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

"FarStar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>>
>> So basically, you accidentally melted something with one of your
>> cigarettes, and decided to put the can of Raid under your sink to
>> something other than its intended purpose. In the meantime, you probably
>> vomited and after scraping away the top layer, in your delusional and
>> stupid mental state decided to call the rest "art."

> Your an idiot "dorksen",

Does this mean we aren't going to go see "Marly & Me" like we planned? *kri*

>if history has proven one thing
> critics have only made life harder for poor artists before they die and
> become famous, never improved the art with their own work or dialog...

Duckery will eventually die, yes, and that's a comforting thought
(especially since it'll probably be through an overdose of drugs and
alcohol), but as for him being famous??? Not ever. Though sheer stupidity
COULD technically be called a "Dockery."

> like the fuzz on a radio chattering to the greatest song
> it still ****es on the melody. save it for the commercial break
> or get with the constructive criticism seeing as how you know so much
>
> "we know"

IF YOU LOVE DOCKERY SO MUCH WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM