Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Unbelievable spam on here - ebooks

Reply
Thread Tools

Unbelievable spam on here - ebooks

 
 
CEH wannabe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2009
I can't believe how much cack there is here.

All the books you need are on torrent sites so we dont need anyone posting
alternatives.

there's a free thing called examcollection.com (i think, google it) which
has the actual testing thing too.

C|EH-Wannabe
Forced to do my MCDST....not worth the paper it's written on.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JohnB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam and
smart arse answers.
This "could" be a useful forum but, it isn't, for one reason: the NDA.
Everyone is so afraid of saying something that violates the NDA, and that
this forum is monitored by Microsoft. In the minds of most people, it's
better to say nothing at all, than to risk loosing your cert. Granted, if
you're looking for help with a hands-on simulation that you're working on,
the best place to go is the MS forum for that particular subject.

Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a wonder
MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.
One can get much better help just by going to the forum for the
server/application cert you're working on.


"CEH wannabe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eRqs7W%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can't believe how much cack there is here.
>
> All the books you need are on torrent sites so we dont need anyone posting
> alternatives.
>
> there's a free thing called examcollection.com (i think, google it) which
> has the actual testing thing too.
>
> C|EH-Wannabe
> Forced to do my MCDST....not worth the paper it's written on.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
FrisbeeŽ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
JohnB wrote:
> I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam
> and smart arse answers.
> This "could" be a useful forum but, it isn't, for one reason: the
> NDA. Everyone is so afraid of saying something that violates the NDA,
> and that this forum is monitored by Microsoft. In the minds of most
> people, it's better to say nothing at all, than to risk loosing your
> cert. Granted, if you're looking for help with a hands-on simulation
> that you're working on, the best place to go is the MS forum for that
> particular subject.
> Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a
> wonder MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.
> One can get much better help just by going to the forum for the
> server/application cert you're working on.


You're off my Christmas list, JohnB


 
Reply With Quote
 
PAJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:21:40 -0500, "JohnB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam and
>smart arse answers.


It is the top posting f*ckwits that **** me off.
 
Reply With Quote
 
CBIC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009

"JohnB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam and
>smart arse answers.
> This "could" be a useful forum but, it isn't, for one reason: the NDA.
> Everyone is so afraid of saying something that violates the NDA, and that
> this forum is monitored by Microsoft. In the minds of most people, it's
> better to say nothing at all, than to risk loosing your cert. Granted, if
> you're looking for help with a hands-on simulation that you're working on,
> the best place to go is the MS forum for that particular subject.
>
> Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a
> wonder MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.
> One can get much better help just by going to the forum for the
> server/application cert you're working on.
>


It's those darn MCNGP thugs I tells ya



CBIC
MCNGP #38


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
>there's a free thing called examcollection.com (i think, google it) which
>has the actual testing thing too.


****.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
>Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a wonder
>MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.


Stop being so mean, otherwise I'm going have to get Sheriff John Stone
to come and take you away.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
I agree.

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:55:12 +0000, PAJ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:21:40 -0500, "JohnB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam and
>>smart arse answers.

>
>It is the top posting f*ckwits that **** me off.


Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009
>
>"JohnB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I gotta 2nd that. If you scan down through the posts, it's all Spam and
>>smart arse answers.
>> This "could" be a useful forum but, it isn't, for one reason: the NDA.
>> Everyone is so afraid of saying something that violates the NDA, and that
>> this forum is monitored by Microsoft. In the minds of most people, it's
>> better to say nothing at all, than to risk loosing your cert. Granted, if
>> you're looking for help with a hands-on simulation that you're working on,
>> the best place to go is the MS forum for that particular subject.
>>
>> Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a
>> wonder MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.
>> One can get much better help just by going to the forum for the
>> server/application cert you're working on.
>>

>
>It's those darn MCNGP thugs I tells ya


I think John B is Paisley's sekret love child, either that or some
kinda small sailing boat.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-07-2009
"JohnB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> This "could" be a useful forum but, it isn't, for one reason: the NDA.


I disagree.

> Everyone is so afraid of saying something that violates the NDA, and that
> this forum is monitored by Microsoft.


I'm not afraid of the NDA. In fact, 90% of the questions asked/answered in
these cert forums are addressed by publicly available information already
posted on the microsoft.com/training website.

The other 10% can be obtained from just about any published training book --
including specifics about question types, formats, number, etc.

People who are asking questions that border on "NDA-material" simply haven't
started any exam prep at all -- else they'd already know the answers to
those questions. The simple, and safe, response to such "NDA-material" type
questions is to refer the poster to their published study guides and the
microsoft.com/learning website.

And, as many humorists have noted in these fora -- if those two concepts are
beyond the skillset of the poster, then they didn't have a hope of passing
the exam anyway.


> Given the amount of spam and wanna-be comedians on this forum, it's a
> wonder MS keeps it open. It truly is unlike all other MS forums.
> One can get much better help just by going to the forum for the
> server/application cert you're working on.


One can get much better help by simply going to microsoft.com/training, yet,
somehow, cert candidates seem to find this newsgroup much easier than they
can find a website -- Go Figger!

What could make these forums more useful is if:
[a] They were co-published as web forums, and
[b] Promoted as a place to get *study* assistance on technical
questions.

I'd say maybe one in twenty questions I see in the cert forums are directly
related to asking a *technical* question about subject matter. (Another
dozen are "How do I find.." questions which are almost always answered by:
"See microsoft.com/learning"; and the remainder are spam.)

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments