Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: The Flat Stomach ad: Worst Photography Ever?

Re: OT: The Flat Stomach ad: Worst Photography Ever?

Bert Hyman

In news:2009020507584016807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom C J Campbell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There has to be some way of blocking this
> obnoxious thing using Safari on a Mac.

Does Safari have the "block images from ..." option like Firefox? In
Firefox, that shows up in the pop-up menu when you right-click an image
on a Web page.

Otherwise, look at the image properties and copy the host name of the
site that's serving the image, then edit your hosts file and add a line
like this:

127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net

replacing "ad.doubleclick.net" with the name of the serving site.

I don't know where the hosts file lives on your Mac or what handsprings
you have to turn in order to edit it.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Peter Irwin

Bert Hyman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't know where the hosts file lives on your Mac or what handsprings
> you have to turn in order to edit it.

It is in /etc/hosts. You have to have root access to change it.
Using sudo is probably the safest and easiest way to get root
privileges on a Mac.

Peter.
--
(E-Mail Removed)