Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Video circuit card for Dummies?

Video circuit card for Dummies?

***TominFL***

I'm not able to select a v. card to enable me to add a Viewsonic VA2226w LCD
as a second monitor to my desktop because the specs. offered are so many and
I don't really know what is necessary.
I do no gaming, mostly Inet browsing, email and editing my camera pictures.
I want crisp text and good true colors. That's all. Can someone point me to a
few inexpensive circuit cards? Monitor does have a DVI input conn.
My system:
MoBo=Asus A7N8X-E, AMD Sempron 2600+ @1830 Mhz
BIOS: Phoenix/Award Tech., LTD Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1013,
11/12/04
2 GB PC3200, 250 GB WD 250 GB HDD, 7200 RPM, 8 MB buffer
LG HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4521B and HL-DT-ST CD-RW
PCI display card: Matrox Graphics Millennium II with 8 MB
Graphics ckt on MoBo is Nvidia GeForce2 MX100/200, with 32 MB
Realtek, AC’97 for VIA ® Audio Controller,
Windows XP Home with SP-3

David B.

What does this have to do with wireless networking?

"***TominFL***" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not able to select a v. card to enable me to add a Viewsonic VA2226w
> LCD
> as a second monitor to my desktop because the specs. offered are so many
> and
> I don't really know what is necessary.
> I do no gaming, mostly Inet browsing, email and editing my camera
> pictures.
> I want crisp text and good true colors. That's all. Can someone point me
> to a
> few inexpensive circuit cards? Monitor does have a DVI input conn.
> My system:
> MoBo=Asus A7N8X-E, AMD Sempron 2600+ @1830 Mhz
> BIOS: Phoenix/Award Tech., LTD Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1013,
> 11/12/04
> 2 GB PC3200, 250 GB WD 250 GB HDD, 7200 RPM, 8 MB buffer
> LG HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4521B and HL-DT-ST CD-RW
> PCI display card: Matrox Graphics Millennium II with 8 MB
> Graphics ckt on MoBo is Nvidia GeForce2 MX100/200, with 32 MB
> Realtek, AC’97 for VIA ® Audio Controller,
> Windows XP Home with SP-3

***TominFL***

<My mistake. Thanks.