Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Items in basic D90 bundle?

Items in basic D90 bundle?

PDM

One reason for missing items is that is has previously been sold and then
returned, the original owner not putting everything back in the box. Had
this happen to me last year. It is very rare for Nikon, Canon et al not to
have included all the right accessories.

PDM

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:040220092355088071%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <gme4sl$s84$(E-Mail Removed)>, mianileng
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
>> items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I
>> cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
>> again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
>> download the manual or browse around for information.
>>
>> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
>> power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
>> cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>>
>> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
>> bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
>> missing.

> <http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...LR/25446/D90.h
> tml>
>
> Supplied Accessories
>
> EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-18a Quick Charger, DK-5
> Eyepiece Cap, DK-21 Rubber Eyecup, UC-E4 USB Cable, EG-D2 Audio Video
> Cable, AN-DC1 Camera Strap, BM-10 LCD Monitor Cover, Body Cap, BS-1
> Accessory Shoe Cover, Software Suite CD-ROM Supplied accessories may
> differ depending on country or area

mianileng

The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I
cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
download the manual or browse around for information.

The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.

Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
missing.

D-Mac

mianileng wrote:

> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some items
> seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I cannot be
> sure what should be included. My broadband is down again, dial-up is
> slower than normal and it's difficult to download the manual or
> browse around for information.
>
> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and power
> cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data cable,
> software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>
> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic bundle
> so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is missing.

Funny isn't it?
I just bought some D90's this very afternoon for a big event shoot
later this month so I can tell you exactly what is in the box(es).

http://www.d-mac.info/fun-pix/d-90.htm

The camera body,
Software CD,
Manual,
Body cap,
Neck strap,
Battery,
Charger,
Quick pocket guide.
A manual thick enough to choke a horse.
The warranty information.
Capture NX2 trial version
USB cable
VIdeo cables (for TV output)

Some US mail order houses buy kits from Nikon and strip out the
contents to sell seperately. Dirty business but profitiable for them.

--
Meet D-Mac, the man they love to hate.
http://www.D-mac.info

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
> items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I
> cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
> again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
> download the manual or browse around for information.
>
> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
> power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
> cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>
> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
> bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
> missing.

<http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...LR/25446/D90.h
tml>

Supplied Accessories

EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-18a Quick Charger, DK-5
Eyepiece Cap, DK-21 Rubber Eyecup, UC-E4 USB Cable, EG-D2 Audio Video
Cable, AN-DC1 Camera Strap, BM-10 LCD Monitor Cover, Body Cap, BS-1
Accessory Shoe Cover, Software Suite CD-ROM Supplied accessories may
differ depending on country or area

Jürgen Exner

"mianileng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
>items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I
>cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
>again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
>download the manual or browse around for information.
>
>The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
>power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
>cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>
>Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
>bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
>missing.

Sounds like you have been had by the Brooklyn scum bags. See e.g.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo. Do any of those
stories in the customer feedback section sound familiar to you? Those
people operate under a new name every month, so don't be surprised if
the name doesn't match.

jue

mianileng

mianileng wrote:
> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
> items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included,
> cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
> again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
> download the manual or browse around for information.
>
> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
> power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
> cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>
> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
> bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
> missing.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. What I didn't mention in my
initial post was that I asked the dealer to substitute an
18-200mm Nikkor for the 18-105mm kit lens and for some reason,
they're sending the lens in a separate package which has not
arrived yet.

Armed with the info you provided, I called the dealer and they
assured me that all the items missing from the camera box are
coming with the lens.

Rather surprising that they separated those standard accessories,
even the manual, from the camera body. ATM I'm giving them the
benefit of the doubt and assuming that they opened the box to
take out the 18-105mm kit lens and forgot to put the other items
back.

The dealer is J.J.Mehta & Sons in Mumbai, India and they have
established themselves for several years as both conventional and
online shops. Their website is http://www.jjmehta.com and they
have a fairly active photography forum.

mianileng

Caesar Romano wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:31:26 +0530, "mianileng"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote Re Re: Items in basic D90
> bundle?:
>
>> mianileng wrote:
>>> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but
>>> some
>>> items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is
>>> included,
>>> cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
>>> again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
>>> download the manual or browse around for information.
>>>
>>> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
>>> power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual,
>>> data
>>> cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>>>
>>> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
>>> bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
>>> missing.

>> Thanks for the replies, everyone. What I didn't mention in my
>> initial post was that I asked the dealer to substitute an
>> 18-200mm Nikkor for the 18-105mm kit lens and for some reason,
>> they're sending the lens in a separate package which has not
>> arrived yet.
>>
>> Armed with the info you provided, I called the dealer and they
>> assured me that all the items missing from the camera box are
>> coming with the lens.
>>
>> Rather surprising that they separated those standard
>> accessories,
>> even the manual, from the camera body. ATM I'm giving them the
>> benefit of the doubt and assuming that they opened the box to
>> take out the 18-105mm kit lens and forgot to put the other
>> items
>> back.
>>
>> The dealer is J.J.Mehta & Sons in Mumbai, India and they have
>> established themselves for several years as both conventional
>> and
>> online shops. Their website is http://www.jjmehta.com and they
>> have a fairly active photography forum.
>>

> Please let us know how this turns out. You might also consider
> adding
> a rating review for jjmehta.com at
> http://www.resellerratings.com/
> You would have to add them as a new merchant as they are not
> currently
> listed.

I'll do that. Thanks again for your interest.

mianileng

bmoag wrote:
> Are you sure J.J.Mehta & Sons in Mumbai, India isn't really
> based in
> Brooklyn?

I'm not sure if that wasn't a sarcastic rhetorical question. But
here's my answer:
I have not actually visited their shop but I'm familiar with the
area they pinpointed as their location in Mumbai. The people I
spoke to on several occasions have unmistakable Indian accents.
Members of their forum occasionally mention the shop - usually
neither glowing praise nor criticism, just matter-of-fact
mentions. The D90 I received today bore a Mumbai postmark and
transit time was about the same as with any other product I
ordered from Mumbai before.

eNo

On Feb 4, 11:35*pm, "mianileng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
> items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included, I
> cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
> again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
> download the manual or browse around for information.
>
> The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
> power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
> cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.
>
> Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
> bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
> missing.

This smells like trouble. See about returning this ASAP and getting
the real deal.

http://esuastegui.esmartweb.com/D80

eNo

On Feb 5, 7:01*am, "mianileng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> mianileng wrote:
> > The Nikon D90 I ordered from a dealer has just arrived but some
> > items seem to be missing. Since not even a manual is included,
> > cannot be sure what should be included. My broadband is down
> > again, dial-up is slower than normal and it's difficult to
> > download the manual or browse around for information.

> > The package includes the camera, battery, battery charger and
> > power cord. Nothing else. I'd expected at least a manual, data
> > cable, software CD/DVD and neckstrap to be included.

> > Please tell me what items are missing from the standard basic
> > bundle so that I can call the dealers and tell them what is
> > missing.

> Thanks for the replies, everyone. What I didn't mention in my
> initial post was that I asked the dealer to substitute an
> 18-200mm Nikkor for the 18-105mm kit lens and for some reason,
> they're sending the lens in a separate package which has not
> arrived yet.
>
> Armed with the info you provided, I called the dealer and they
> assured me that all the items missing from the camera box are
> coming with the lens.
>
> Rather surprising that they separated those standard accessories,
> even the manual, from the camera body. ATM I'm giving them the
> benefit of the doubt and assuming that they opened the box to
> take out the 18-105mm kit lens and forgot to put the other items
> back.
>
> The dealer is J.J.Mehta & Sons in Mumbai, India and they have
> established themselves for several years as both conventional and
> online shops. Their website ishttp://www.jjmehta.comand they
> have a fairly active photography forum.

As soon as you can take a shot, take a JPG and examine its EXIF
information with Opanda. If the shutter count is any higher than 10
clicks, I'd demand a return and refund.

Update: All items in D90 order received. mianileng Digital Photography 0 02-11-2009 04:28 PM
D90 D-Movie Mode Maurice Blanchard Digital Photography 3 09-09-2008 01:05 PM
Reg New Nikon D90 Camera robert w fischer Digital Photography 0 08-29-2008 02:03 AM
D90 specs? Yoshi Digital Photography 0 03-03-2008 03:07 AM
Nikon D90 PRO announced. 12 Mpix 20D killer Walt Hanks Digital Photography 60 04-02-2005 08:27 AM

Advertisments