Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > BSSID and security

BSSID and security

Jake

I am trying to get out what security APs use. Basically I would know if AP
uses Open or WpaPsk.

How it is possible to find? Get BSSID_List do not have information and
Authentication_mode and Encryption_status tarket is NIC not AP.

Regads,
jake

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=885181
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to get out what security APs use. Basically I would know if AP
>uses Open or WpaPsk.
>
> How it is possible to find? Get BSSID_List do not have information and
> Authentication_mode and Encryption_status tarket is NIC not AP.
>
> Regads,
> jake

Jake

Hello
This utility do just that I need. I need authentication and cipher data.
How I can get them with C#???
jake
> Hi
> Maybe this can Help, http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=885181
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

>>I am trying to get out what security APs use. Basically I would know if
>>AP uses Open or WpaPsk.
>>
>> How it is possible to find? Get BSSID_List do not have information and
>> Authentication_mode and Encryption_status tarket is NIC not AP.
>>
>> Regads,
>> jake

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I am not sure what you are talking about.
If you looking for ways to brake the Cipher you would not get help here.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OH%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> This utility do just that I need. I need authentication and cipher data.
> How I can get them with C#???
> jake
>> Hi
>> Maybe this can Help,
>> http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=885181
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

>>>I am trying to get out what security APs use. Basically I would know if
>>>AP uses Open or WpaPsk.
>>>
>>> How it is possible to find? Get BSSID_List do not have information and
>>> Authentication_mode and Encryption_status tarket is NIC not AP.
>>>
>>> Regads,
>>> jake

James Egan

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:53:05 +0200, "Jake" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>This utility do just that I need. I need authentication and cipher data.
>How I can get them with C#???

If you're referring to WPA you can read about RC4 stream cipher here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC4

WPA2 will be a tougher nut to crack because it uses AES block cipher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance...ption_Standard

Jim.