Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS returns the <% %> part of ASPX

IIS returns the <% %> part of ASPX

Christina IME

I have configured a brand new machine with IIS and Windows XP Pro, plus .NET
Framework v1.1. Installation went perfect. But when I run a simple ASPX file
containing only "<% Response.Write("Hello World") %>", IIS returns the whole
content of the file, like this:

<% Response.Write("Hello World") %>

So ASP.NET doesn't execute the code, it only writes everything back to
client.. What am I doing wrong? I have done this kind of installation many
times before without any problem. Please help me...!?

Best regards,
Christina IME

(Windows XP is Pro version 2002, service pack 1)

S. Justin Gengo

Christina,

It's possible that the install went bad and didn't make all the associations
for an .aspx file.

Open the Visual Studio.Net Command Window (Start - All Programs - Microsoft
Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio.Net Tools - Visual Studio.Net 2003
Command Prompt)

And from there run the command: aspnet_regiis -i

This will re-install the web components of .Net and their associations.

If that doesn't fix things up you'll have to uninstall and then re-install.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer