Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

 
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009
References: <gm8rpr$hds$(E-Mail Removed)>
Organization:
Followup-To:

On 2009-02-03, joe_90 <joe_90_no@spam_hush.com> wrote:
> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>
> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>
> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>
> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a link
> to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>
> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the end.
>
> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
> file backup and disk imaging program.
>
> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC



So this an advertising gimick? Interesting since Acronis get rave reviews.
Still these are hard times
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
joe_90
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009
Gordon wrote:
> References: <gm8rpr$hds$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Organization:
> Followup-To:
>
>
> So this an advertising gimick? Interesting since Acronis get rave reviews.
> Still these are hard times


Well I'm not sure if this is a question or if you are just expressing
your concerns in a public forum.

Assuming it is a question and it is directed at me, I can't follow your
logic so apologies in advance if my reply seems a little dense to you.

I believe this type of 'advertising gimmick' is called 'viral marketing'.

HTH
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009
Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>> References: <gm8rpr$hds$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Organization:
>> Followup-To:
>>
>>
>> So this an advertising gimick? Interesting since Acronis get rave
>> reviews. Still these are hard times

>
> Well I'm not sure if this is a question or if you are just expressing
> your concerns in a public forum.
>
> Assuming it is a question and it is directed at me, I can't follow
> your logic so apologies in advance if my reply seems a little dense
> to you.
> I believe this type of 'advertising gimmick' is called 'viral
> marketing'.


Agreed. It is certainly not uncommon to give older versions of software away
'free' (to magazine subscribers in particular) with reduced rates to upgrade
to the latest feature-packed version. I mean, this is ver. 10 they're giving
away, that's why I'm hoping it'll run on 98 as I've been using ver. 11 for a
while now and that doesn't. Ver. 11 has been superceeded for a while now by
ver. 2009.

It's like AVG. Give away a free version as a way of baiting the hook for the
full-featured version you're actually trying to sell.
--
Shaun.

"Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and
he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009
In article <gmbj16$ldg$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> > Gordon wrote:
> >> References: <gm8rpr$hds$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> Organization:
> >> Followup-To:
> >>
> >>
> >> So this an advertising gimick? Interesting since Acronis get rave
> >> reviews. Still these are hard times

> >
> > Well I'm not sure if this is a question or if you are just expressing
> > your concerns in a public forum.
> >
> > Assuming it is a question and it is directed at me, I can't follow
> > your logic so apologies in advance if my reply seems a little dense
> > to you.
> > I believe this type of 'advertising gimmick' is called 'viral
> > marketing'.

>
> Agreed. It is certainly not uncommon to give older versions of software away
> 'free' (to magazine subscribers in particular) with reduced rates to upgrade
> to the latest feature-packed version. I mean, this is ver. 10 they're giving
> away, that's why I'm hoping it'll run on 98 as I've been using ver. 11 for a
> while now and that doesn't. Ver. 11 has been superceeded for a while now by
> ver. 2009.
>
> It's like AVG. Give away a free version as a way of baiting the hook for the
> full-featured version you're actually trying to sell.


AV what? - who uses that junk these days?

--
Duncan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[False,True] and [True,True] --> [True, True]????? bdb112 Python 45 04-29-2009 02:35 AM
Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free joe_90 NZ Computing 32 02-10-2009 07:16 PM
Acronis offering True Image 7 for free - Is it worth the price? isotobin@identicalimagepleez.org Computer Support 37 12-13-2006 12:30 AM
SWsoft Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 Build 508, Acronis OS Selector 8.0 Build 917, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Build 292, Acronis Power Utilities 2004 Build 502, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS.PROXY v1.10.17.WINALL, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS v5.50.10260 for CITRI vvcd Computer Support 0 09-25-2004 01:38 AM
Dell says no & Acronis says maybe sysprep utility ( Re: Anyone use Acronis Drive Image 7.0? Bobby Fischler Computer Support 0 07-24-2004 12:12 AM



Advertisments