Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: James Kuyper of Microsoft: "Linux has many disadvantages"

Re: James Kuyper of Microsoft: "Linux has many disadvantages"

Jerry McBride

Screw Bill wrote:

> James Kuyper, M$ spokesman:
>
> "I think an objective assessment reveals that Linux has many disadvantages
> in terms of market viability. One of the biggest disadvantages is the
> apparent unwillingness on the part of the Linux development community
> to take into account certain demographics, in particular the less tech
> savvy of computer users. Certainly not everybody has the time and
> inclination to learn the innards of an operating system in order to be
> able to use it day by day and get things done."

And yet they expect the typical windows user to to daily battles with virus,
worms, malware and trojans? What a moron... Not to mention the
reboot-shuffle whenever you install something and... god forbid if
something goes wrong...

--

************************************************** ***************************

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

06:39:04 up 48 days, 12:45, 5 users, load average: 2.12, 1.55, 0.68

************************************************** ***************************

Phil Carmody

Jerry McBride <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Screw Bill wrote:
>
>> James Kuyper, M$ spokesman:
>>
>> "I think an objective assessment reveals that Linux has many disadvantages
>> in terms of market viability. One of the biggest disadvantages is the
>> apparent unwillingness on the part of the Linux development community
>> to take into account certain demographics, in particular the less tech
>> savvy of computer users. Certainly not everybody has the time and
>> inclination to learn the innards of an operating system in order to be
>> able to use it day by day and get things done."

> And yet they expect the typical windows user to to daily battles with virus,
> worms, malware and trojans? What a moron... Not to mention the
> reboot-shuffle whenever you install something and... god forbid if
> something goes wrong...

Is the typical comp.os.linux.advocacy reader a moron who can't
detect the splashback attack being instigated by the follow-up
headers in the original?
"""
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"""

Please pay a little more attention in the future.

Phil
--
I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the

Re: James Kuyper of Microsoft: "Linux has many disadvantages" Robin T Cox C Programming 9 02-05-2009 05:09 PM
for james@james.can try another reader like thunderbird or 40tude dialog richard Computer Support 0 10-14-2008 08:05 AM
JAMES sizing Grago Java 0 11-03-2003 05:53 AM
DNS server configuration in Apache James Lokesh Java 0 08-20-2003 10:46 AM

Advertisments