Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <gm95fn$s67$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:

>>> Yes, I've had a few of those.
>>>
>>> I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain

>> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if
>> it'll run on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that
>> came with a mag cover disk?).

> Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
> run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

I'll try to remember to post when I finally get around to d/ling the install
file.

At the moment, using ver 11, the only way I can image my 98 machines is to
connect the HDD via USB to my XP machine and image it that way. A PITA IOW.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

joe_90

~misfit~ wrote:

> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but Canadian
> provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm assuming that
> the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has at least a partial
> global circulation.

Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
- their logo is shown on the initial registration page.

Not that it matters.

Alan

Hi All,

I couldn't see an MD5 for the file anywhere on their site, so figure
I'd post mine here and see if you got the same one:

20e903563fff92f1fb7097159340d8cf

I suggest the first person who can confirm (or deny) this posts, and
if it is okay, then others can just check.

Thanks,

--

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

(E-Mail Removed)

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

"joe_90" <joe_90_no@spam_hush.com> wrote in message
news:gm8rpr$hds$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>
> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>
> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>
> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>
> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in
> the end.
>
> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an
> excellent file backup and disk imaging program.
>
> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

bugalugs

joe_90 wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
>> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm
>> assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has
>> at least a partial global circulation.

> Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
> - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
>
> Not that it matters.

I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.

Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:

"RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers

Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can download
a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's right! Download
it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy it. We're so sure
that you'll love True Image that you'll want to buy it right away. And
for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"

I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

Peter M

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:15:51 +1300, bugalugs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joe_90 wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
>>> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm
>>> assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has
>>> at least a partial global circulation.

>> Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
>> - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
>>
>> Not that it matters.

>I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.
>
>Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:
>
>"RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers
>
>Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can download
>a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's right! Download
>it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy it. We're so sure
>that you'll love True Image that you'll want to buy it right away. And
>for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"
>
>I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

All the Acronis True Image version free trail ones are free dnloads and they are All
full versions and run fully for 15 days from memory.

Did you not know that..

Alan

"bugalugs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gmb4pj$gb4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> joe_90 wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
>>> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands)
>>> I'm assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped
>>> on has at least a partial global circulation.

>> Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a
>> price) - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
>>
>> Not that it matters.

> I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.
>
> Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:
>
> "RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers
>
> Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can
> download a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's
> right! Download it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy
> it. We're so sure that you'll love True Image that you'll want to
> buy it right away. And for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"
>
> I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

I did it yesterday, and it all happened instantly (except the actual
90+ Mb download).

You get a registration key that, I believe, changes the trial from 15
days fully functioning into a permanent fully functioning version
(else I guess it would have locked down after 15 days - not sure on
that one).

I got TI-7 a few years ago in exactly the same way (PC Mag offer) and
it has worked superbly all this time - never missed a beat or failed
to save me!

HTH,

--

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

(E-Mail Removed)

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

Gordon

On 2009-02-03, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <gm95fn$s67$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
>>> run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

>> This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista
>> compatible too. I wouldn't bet on it though
>>
>> http://www.infopackets.com/news/soft..._10_review.htm
>>

>> This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
>>
>> http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Downlo...e-10-home.aspx
>>

>> If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to
>> do 98 imaging.

> Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet. Anna Paquin
> is rather good in True Blood....

And, in true life how is she?

EMB

Alan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I couldn't see an MD5 for the file anywhere on their site, so figure I'd
> post mine here and see if you got the same one:
>
> 20e903563fff92f1fb7097159340d8cf

20E903563FFF92F1FB7097159340D8CF

So a match from my download.

> I suggest the first person who can confirm (or deny) this posts, and if
> it is okay, then others can just check.
>
> Thanks,

EMB

~misfit~ wrote:
> Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet.

I'll burn you a copy of my download.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet.

> I'll burn you a copy of my download.

Thanks, that'd be great.