Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition - free

joe_90

1. Go here and register with a valid email address:

www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe

2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.

3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a link
to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).

Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the end.

Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
file backup and disk imaging program.

So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>
> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>
> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>
> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>
> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
> end.
> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
> file backup and disk imaging program.
>
> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

Thanks. Do you know if that version runs on 98SE? I have ver. 11 and it
won't. I have a couple older but good machines running 98 that I'd like
to back up.

Thanks again for the heads up.
--
Shaun.

he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>
> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>
> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>
> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>
> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
> end.
> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
> file backup and disk imaging program.
>
> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(
--

~misfit~ wrote:

> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

Yes, I've had a few of those.

I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

> Yes, I've had a few of those.
>
> I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain

Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
cover disk?).

Thanx again.
--
Shaun.

he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Dave Doe

In article <gm95fn$s67$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> > ~misfit~ wrote:
> >
> >> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

> > Yes, I've had a few of those.
> >
> > I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain

> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
> on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
> cover disk?).

Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't run
on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

--
Duncan

Cima

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <gm95fn$s67$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:

>> > Yes, I've had a few of those.
>> >
>> > I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain

>> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
>> on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
>> cover disk?).

>Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't run
>on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista compatible too.
I wouldn't bet on it though

http://www.infopackets.com/news/soft..._10_review.htm

This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Downlo...e-10-home.aspx

If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to do 98
imaging.

Mutlley

"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
>> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>>
>> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>>
>> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
>> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>>
>> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
>> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>>
>> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
>> end.
>> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
>> file backup and disk imaging program.
>>
>> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

>Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

Have registered. Wonder if they will realize that i live outside the
UK?

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mutlley wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
>>> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
>>>
>>> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
>>>
>>> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
>>> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
>>>
>>> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
>>> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
>>>
>>> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in
>>> the end.
>>> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an
>>> excellent file backup and disk imaging program.
>>>
>>> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC

>> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

> Have registered. Wonder if they will realize that i live outside the
> UK?

As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but Canadian
provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm assuming that
the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has at least a partial
global circulation.
--

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In article <gm95fn$s67$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if
>>> it'll run on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer
>>> that came with a mag cover disk?).

>> Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
>> run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

> This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista
> compatible too. I wouldn't bet on it though
>
> http://www.infopackets.com/news/soft..._10_review.htm
>

> This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
>
> http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Downlo...e-10-home.aspx
>

> If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to
> do 98 imaging.

Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet. Anna Paquin
is rather good in True Blood....