Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CISCO automatic configuration

CISCO automatic configuration

02-02-2009
All,

I have finished a new python script called WISB that can be used for automatic configuration of multiple IOS devices, below is the description and the download links....

Just let me know your ideas and thoughts for improving the script for the good of all of us

WISB description:

Currently it is supporting IOS devices only. After stabilizing this beta version we are going to support other devices and implement some other features.

some of the benefits you can get from such tool are:
  • Loading initial configuration/backup configuration files for your study Labs.
  • Apply configuration to a list of network devices at once. “i.e. change username/password, SNMP, logging configuration…etc.”. This is very useful in SP or Data centers environments.
  • Query a list of devices for specific information “i.e. any show command”.
  • Schedule any of the above functions or other regular tasks to run automatically without your manual intervention.
  • The program can also be used in other scripts or batch files to customize functionality.
You can download the beta version from networkers-online.com/wisb/setup.exe"

You can find all the required information about this tool on the WISB tutorial networkers-online.com/blog/?page_id=145"