Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How do you stop VS.NET IDE from reformatting HTML?

How do you stop VS.NET IDE from reformatting HTML?

Chris Lane

Hi,

This is super annoying FrontPage like behavior. Does
anybody know how I can stop the Visual Studio.NET IDE from
reformatting my HTML?

Thank You

Oliver

You can *reduce* the amount of reformatting:

Tool > Options > Text Editor > HTML/XML > Format then uncheck the boxes in
the upper area.

The only way to *stop* from reformatting is to not use the editor.

Make sure MS knows how you feel by sending a request regarding the next
versions of VS.NET:

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?subject=VS.NET

"Chris Lane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:063601c3aca3$15fffad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> This is super annoying FrontPage like behavior. Does
> anybody know how I can stop the Visual Studio.NET IDE from
> reformatting my HTML?
>
> Thank You

Chris Lane

Thanks, One Problem though when I did this it wiped out
over half of the page.

Chris Lane

Hmm, Maybe it did that cause I was in the HTML View,
anyway I closed the form and reopened it to get it back
from my last save.
Thanks again and I will be emailing them.