Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE different to FF regarding image and table

IE different to FF regarding image and table

Laser Lips

Hello, I've got a tiny piece of HTML which looks different in FF and
IE. I am aware of differences between the browsers but I just can't
seem to get this piece to look the same in both browsers.

http://cylo.co.uk/test.html <<<

In IE you'll see it looks fine, but in FF you'll see a big white space
under the image.

Can anyone tell me what to add to make the FF version look like the IE
version?

For your information the HTML code is generated using JavaScript.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

rf

Laser Lips wrote:
> Hello, I've got a tiny piece of HTML which looks different in FF and
> IE. I am aware of differences between the browsers but I just can't
> seem to get this piece to look the same in both browsers.
>
> http://cylo.co.uk/test.html <<<
>
> In IE you'll see it looks fine, but in FF you'll see a big white space
> under the image.
>
> Can anyone tell me what to add to make the FF version look like the IE
> version?

Look into vertical-align:

> For your information the HTML code is generated using JavaScript.

Why?

Laser Lips

On Jan 30, 1:14*pm, Ben C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-01-30, Laser Lips <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello, I've got a tiny piece of HTML which looks different in FF and
> > IE. *I am aware of differences between the browsers but I just can't
> > seem to get this piece to look the same in both browsers.

> >http://cylo.co.uk/test.html* *<<<

> > In IE you'll see it looks fine, but in FF you'll see a big white space
> > under the image.

> > Can anyone tell me what to add to make the FF version look like the IE
> > version?

> Make the image display: block.
>
> Because it's an inline image with vertical-align: baseline (the default)
> it sits on the text baseline. IE is getting this wrong.

This one worked Thanks very much. Didn't try the vertical alignment
but thats for responding.
Graham