Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dummy question

Dummy question

Nuno Esculcas

Hello,

In a ASP project (web page) i want to call a application that will do
several things, like call the scanner and do the scanning, search in
the file system for files, etc... this must be done from a web page.

My question is, what is the best way to do this, is to implement an
activex that do the things that i mention or other thing? is there in
the ASP NET some better thing? (if yes please, if possible, how it's
done, and if possible too show me some code example).

Other question, if i do an activeX i must install on all the machines
that will need this functionality? right?
Is there any way of not require an instalation on each machine, and
this process is done automaticly (by for example, downloading the
activex)??

Thanks
Nuno