Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Flash & 64 bit

Flash & 64 bit

Carlos

Hi,
Two conditions must be met simultaneously in Vista x64 so that you can view
flash videos/animations.
1.- Use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
2.- Installation of 32-bit Flash plug-ing for IE (go to www.adobe.com and
download it)
After that you should be ready for YouTube.
Carlos

"Chucky Chease" wrote:

> Why can't I view YouTube and other Flash software when using Vista 64?
> Hasn't the 64 bit software been around long enough to merit support?

Chucky Chease

miso@sushi.com

On Jan 28, 3:56*pm, Carlos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Two conditions must be met simultaneously in Vista x64 so that you can view
> flash videos/animations.
> 1.- Use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
> 2.- Installation of 32-bit Flash plug-ing for IE (go towww.adobe.comand
> download it)
> After that you should be ready for YouTube.
> Carlos
>
> "Chucky Chease" wrote:
> > Why can't I view YouTube and other Flash software when using Vista 64?
> > Hasn't the 64 bit software been around long enough to merit support?

I can watch youtube without a problem, but once in a while I get flash
that I can't view under X64, either with 32 bit firefox or 32 bit
IE7. Personally, I find most flash in webpages utterly useless.
Flash will be the death of the internet.

It found flash on a military website a few years ago before flash
really got out of hand. I exchanged email with the webmaster. I said
flash is proprietary and should not be on government websites. She
said the plug in is free. However, I countered the software to create
flash isn't free. If anyone is using opensource software, it should be
the government. They should not be using a proprietary standard.

OK, now I feel better.....

Bartok

Once we get a 64 bit Flash.. won't we be ablt to view YouTube from 64 bit
IE?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Two conditions must be met simultaneously in Vista x64 so that you can
> view
> flash videos/animations.
> 1.- Use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
> 2.- Installation of 32-bit Flash plug-ing for IE (go to www.adobe.com and
> download it)
> After that you should be ready for YouTube.
> Carlos
>
> "Chucky Chease" wrote:
>
>> Why can't I view YouTube and other Flash software when using Vista 64?
>> Hasn't the 64 bit software been around long enough to merit support?

Dave

yes, but how much longer before Flash 64 arrives. Don't hold your breath.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...