Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > One Wired, one wireless, force internet to wireless

One Wired, one wireless, force internet to wireless

George W. Barrowcliff

XP Pro svc pak III

I have two connections on a desktop, one wired to a local router with ip
range of 192.168.1.x and the wireless connection is on another
network at 192.168.100.1.

Both connections are up and operable but the only internet access is via
the wireless connection.

I also have a laptop connected to the wireless router with internet access.

How can I force IE to connect via the wireless instead of the wired?

TIA, GWB

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Adjust the metrics to prefer Wireless (or unplug the wire).
http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...