Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > errno 22 instead of errno 2

errno 22 instead of errno 2

Glenn Linderman

open("c:\abc","rb")

This simple one-line script, produces errno 22 on Python 2.6, but errno
2 on Python 2.5.2

Is this an unintentional regression? Or is this an intentional bug fix?

The file doesn't exist (errno 2) but I guess on Windows it is also
somewhat an invalid file name (errno 22).

Yes, I'm aware that \a is ASCII 007. Using a valid, non-existent file
name produces errno 2 on both versions.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/