Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyAA for Python2.5

pyAA for Python2.5

Kottiyath

Hi,
I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
mingw32
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.py cmd --help

error: invalid command 'mingw32'

Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

Mike Driscoll

On Jan 27, 12:12*pm, Kottiyath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> * *I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
> web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
> compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
> follows:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
> running install
> running build
> running build_py
> file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> running build_ext
> error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
> extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
> binaries.
> Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
> installed,
> you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
> setup.py.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
> mingw32
> usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
> * *or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
> * *or: setup.py --help-commands
> * *or: setup.py cmd --help
>
> error: invalid command 'mingw32'
>
> Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
it...

Mike

Kottiyath

On Jan 27, 11:56*pm, Mike Driscoll <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:12*pm, Kottiyath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > * *I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
> > web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
> > compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
> > follows:

> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
> > running install
> > running build
> > running build_py
> > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> > running build_ext
> > error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
> > extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
> > binaries.
> > Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
> > installed,
> > you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
> > setup.py.

> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
> > mingw32
> > usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
> > * *or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
> > * *or: setup.py --help-commands
> > * *or: setup.py cmd --help

> > error: invalid command 'mingw32'

> > Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

> You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
> path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
> it...
>
> Mike

I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
"mingw32-gcc"
invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

I got the source from
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=65529

Can somebody help me out? Our project needs pyAA, but I am unable to
build on Python2.5.

Kottiyath

On Jan 29, 1:51*am, Rob Williscroft <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Kottiyath wrote in news:6a594643-f6a2-4d8d-aab3-27eb16cb2fb8
> @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:
>

> > I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
> > "mingw32-gcc"
> > invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

> All the examples I found via google have the tool name as "mingw32"
> so try:
>
> * * * * python setup.py install -c mingw32
>
> or
>
> * * * * python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install
>
> The compiler that the MinGW package installs is gcc.
>
> You shoulf be able to verify it is on your path by typing:
>
> * * * * gcc --help
> or
> * * * * gcc --version
>
> and see some output.
>
> Rob.
> --http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/

Thank you Rob.
The installation went ahead for some more time - but failed showing a
lot of errors:
>compile

running build
running build_py
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
pyAAc.cpp:5887: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE' was not declared in
this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5888: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIONCHANGE' was not declared
in this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5889: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE' was not
declared in this scope

I cannot understand why it fails. I have not worked in C till now, so
I am pretty confused.
I googled also, but to no avail.