Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Converting Vista to XP system

Re: Converting Vista to XP system

Desk Rabbit

Northern Raider wrote:
> Hi does anyone have any advice or guidance in relating to converting my nrew
> laptop from Vista which just wont work and is junk, to the more reliable (
> slightly) and more user friendly XP system.
>
> we bought a lap top last week and absoltely dispare at the 100 % junk
> operating program, dasft things like no Outbox in the mail systemn,. no
> clearly defined Delete button, no list of contacts down the side of the
> page etc etc etc.
>
> Is it possible and affordable to change the system to XP ?

If you bought a business version of Vista you have downgrade rights to
XP Pro by using an existing XP Pro license key and media that you own.

If you bought a home version you have no downgrade rights (You will need
to purchase a retail version of XP) and you may also have difficulty
finding XP drivers for the hardware.

Return the unit as unfit for purpose and buy the right device & OS for
your use.