Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How low will Micro$oft go?

How low will Micro$oft go?

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:25:47 +0100, John Holmes wrote:
>
>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>

>> Those sheep****ers cannot afford a real operating system.
>>
>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/un...a/images/a/a7/
>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

>> Vista sucks, I wouldn't even install it if it came for free like

Linux.

> Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

have
> a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.

Sure I did.

--
<snip>

Aardvark

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:48:57 +0100, John Holmes wrote:

>> Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

> have
>> a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.
>>

> Sure I did.

I'm glad of that. This is my last WHOOSH until I get some more at the end
of the month and I wanted to give it to someone who really deserved
it.

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:48:57 +0100, John Holmes wrote:
>
>>> Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

>> have
>>> a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.
>>>

>> Sure I did.

> I'm glad of that. This is my last WHOOSH until I get some more at the
> end of the month and I wanted to give it to someone who really
> deserved it.

There always are some creatures here who really, really deserve it. Mr.
Platt and Mr. Easter for example, but I'm sure you know there are more of
them.

--
<snip>

Gaston Ryan Coake

`
--
"I have heard that "Commentary" and "Dissent" had merged and formed "Dysentery."

-- A.R. duChat

Gaston Ryan Coake

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:46 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:

>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.

> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version of
Pan.

--
"I have heard that "Commentary" and "Dissent" had merged and formed "Dysentery."

-- A.R. duChat

walter

Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

>>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
>>> link.

>> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version
> of Pan.

LIAR!! Nothing *EVER* breaks in linux!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.

>> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version of
> Pan.

I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...

--
-bts

walter

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

>> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version
>> of Pan.

> I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
> newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...

There were two links in the OP by aardvark. One to a .gif and the other to
a .jpg.

OE didn't break either of them. ROFL

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

walter wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

>>> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same
>>> version of Pan.

>> I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
>> newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...

> There were two links in the OP by aardvark. One to a .gif and the
> other to a .jpg.
>
> OE didn't break either of them. ROFL

It's the second one that wrapped.. the BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg

I will have to defer on comments about OE; it won't work with my
operating system. <g>

--
-bts

Aardvark

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:46 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:

>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
>> link.

> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

It looks fine (and works) in Pan 0.133. Both links are complete on their
own lines here and the break only occurs in Keyser's reply to my OP.

This IS a strange set of affairs. Any ideas, Beau?