Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: media player problem

Re: media player problem

Tony

You idiot, you should've installed AnyDVD first. Even an unregistered copy
would've saved your *bacon*.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

realm of understandability

Tony

http://rapidshare.com/files/18167390...1.1_shogun.rar

I'm Chuckcar aka. Chuck Carlson and i approve of this post!!

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

realm of understandability

walter

eugene wrote:

> "Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:53:28 -0000, "eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I still haven't been offered anything remotely useful. Firstly,
>>> this is a Columbia album, not Sony. I cannot play any Cd or DVD in
>>> my pc now. There must be a way to fix this.

>> Uhh...may be a stupid question..did you contact Columbia?

> Not a stupid question at all. No I haven't tried that. I thought I
> would check here first because there have been some very helpful people
> here when I had any past problems

From your original post, "....The first track went okay but during the
second track, I heard a [ ] noise (like a crack) and the rip froze.
Now my PC will not read any CD I insert."

So the drive's running. You heard a noise that sounded like a 'crack' come
from it's general direction. It stopped running. It hasn't run since.
Correct?

If not for the second sentence above I might go along with a rootkit or some
other copy protection issue.

But from your description of the events, common sense tells me that the
drive physically broke when you heard the cracking noise.

walter

eugene wrote:

> "walter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:glmv5o$vfh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> eugene wrote:
>>
>>> "Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Not a stupid question at all. No I haven't tried that. I thought I
>>> would check here first because there have been some very helpful
>>> people here when I had any past problems

>> From your original post, "....The first track went okay but during
>> the second track, I heard a [ ] noise (like a crack) and the rip
>> froze. Now my PC will not read any CD I insert."
>>
>> So the drive's running. You heard a noise that sounded like a
>> 'crack' come from it's general direction. It stopped running. It
>> hasn't run since. Correct?
>>
>> If not for the second sentence above I might go along with a rootkit
>> or some other copy protection issue.
>>
>> But from your description of the events, common sense tells me that
>> the drive physically broke when you heard the cracking noise.

> If that is the case, what do I do? Do I simply need a new CD/DVD
> player

Yes. You can pick up a decent internal DVD/RW (desktop internal) for around
60/70 dollars these days. And they're easy enough to install yourself.

walter

eugene wrote:

> "walter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gln09e$9vt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> eugene wrote:
>>
>>> "walter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:glmv5o$vfh$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> If that is the case, what do I do? Do I simply need a new CD/DVD
>>> player

>> Yes. You can pick up a decent internal DVD/RW (desktop internal) for
>> around 60/70 dollars these days. And they're easy enough to install
>> yourself.
>>

> I contacted Dell and told them the problem. Their reply said to
> download a new driver online. I'm a wee bit hesitant because when I
> examine the existing player properties, I am informed that the device
> is working and that I have the most recent driver installed.

It can't hurt to download and install the driver, but I doubt it will help.
When you spoke to Dell did you mention you heard a 'cracking noise' the
moment the drive stopped working?

Bucky Breeder

A crazy fat little ghay "man" calling himself "hwf" <*@yahoo.com>
pulled his soiled geriatric diapers over his head and imagined himself
as a 'tehwwebble tehowwist' being bombarded out of his mamma's
basment by the ferocious Jewtards, thus sent his own eulogy using
the wacky news(E-Mail Removed) et:

> Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:53:28 -0000,
>> "eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I still haven't been offered anything remotely useful.
>>> Firstly, this is a Columbia album, not Sony. I cannot
>>> play any Cd or DVD in my pc now. There must be a way
>>> to fix this.

>> Uhh...may be a stupid question..did you contact Columbia?

> I agree, you're a ****head.
>
> ^_^
>

> --
> http://www.bds-palestine.net/?q=node/9
> ___ ___ ___ ___
> /\__\ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \
> /:/ _/_ \:\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \
> /:/ /\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \ \:\ \
> /:/ /::\ \ _____\:\ \ ___ \:\ \ ___ /::\ \
> /:/_/:/\:\__\ /::::::::\__\ /\ \ \:\__\ /\ /:/\:\__\
> \:\/:/ /:/ / \:\~~\~~\/__/ \:\ \ /:/ / \:\/:/ \/__/
> \::/ /:/ / \:\ \ \:\ /:/ / \::/__/
> \/_/:/ / \:\ \ \:\/:/ / \:\ \
> /:/ / \:\__\ \::/ / \:\__\
>
> [YLAH-YLAH-YLAH-YLAH-YLAH-YLAH-YLAH-LAH-LAH-LAH-AH-AH-AH-ahhhh...]

If you meant you're a retarted tehwwowist getting diddled
in the head by a truckload of dirty men with towels on
their heads so they can't smell you, then... IAWTP!

--

I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and I have got the
brand new key to her brand new rollerskates.

Get yerself some wimmins :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCGcAQ9nLiI