Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Stella!!!!!

Stella!!!!!

DaftMike DaftMike is offline
Junior Member

Last night, I got incredibly drunk and spilled a small amount of beer on the screen my HP dv9000 laptop. I figured it hadn't done any harm and wiped it away immediately. However, the screen eventually went completely dark and I could faintly see my display under bright light.
I've replaced LCDs before, so I took the front panel apart, and found that some Stella Artois had seeped into the inverter board (by smell & sight of it).

Do you think a new board will definitely solve the issue? Thanks.