Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How to keep a HD awake?

Re: How to keep a HD awake?

John Holmes

"contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I have a 500gb Seagate drive which has power settings that don't seem
> to be influenced by Vista. After a few minutes of inactivity, the
> drive goes to sleep, and while it might help stop global warming, I am
> finding it extremely annoying having to keep waiting for the drive to
> spin up.
>
> Is there any way I can keep the drive active so that it doesn't drop
> off to sleep?

http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg

HTH

--
<snip>

John Holmes

攸hw不f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> John Holmes <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> I have a 500gb Seagate drive which has power settings that don't

> seem
>>> to be influenced by Vista. After a few minutes of inactivity, the
>>> drive goes to sleep, and while it might help stop global warming, I

> am
>>> finding it extremely annoying having to keep waiting for the drive

>>> spin up.
>>>
>>> Is there any way I can keep the drive active so that it doesn't drop
>>> off to sleep?

>>http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg
>>
>>HTH
>>

> This ones better:
> http://us-
> p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_de
> sk.jpg

Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.

--
<snip>

攸hw不f

John Holmes wrote:
> 攸hw不f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> John Holmes <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
>> of<(E-Mail Removed)>:
>>
>>> "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>> seem

>> am

>>> http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>

>> This ones better:
>> http://us-
>> p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_de
>> sk.jpg
>>

> Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.

This ones for *all* the kiwis...

http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/B...ky_ewe_got.gif

John Holmes

攸hw不f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> John Holmes wrote:
>> 攸hw不f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> John Holmes <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile

>>> seem
>>> am

>>> This ones better:
>>> http://us-
>>> p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_
>>> de sk.jpg
>>>

>> Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.
>>

> This ones for *all* the kiwis...
>
> http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/B...ts%2009/bky_ew
> e_got.gif

Damn. Just now I realize what Bucky Breeder's nick means. He must have
visited www.adultsheepfinder.com frequently, he?

--
<snip>